Thread: Updated APX Accessory Catalog - 2018

Thanks

Default Updated APX Accessory Catalog - 2018

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/co...es_catalog.pdf
    Dated June 28, 2018

They now have a version of the XE500 RSM without the channel knob (PMMN4107)
    Not sure if it's new, but there's also an APX clamshell battery pack that takes 12 AA's (PMNN4439)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjxts3000 For This Useful Post:

JRedwine (Jul 27, 2018),p25smartzone (Jul 26, 2018),triptolemus (Jul 26, 2018)

Thanks

That XE500 RSM is a real POS - first, all of the cords were recalled because of false emergency alarms. Now, we're still having issues with that, with PTT not working, PTT not unkeying, and broken channel knobs. We've got around 100 in front-line service see at least two a week with some kind of issue.

Thanks

Thanks for posting. I got tired of checking for an updated one each week or so and not finding one, despite a fair amount of new products.

Yes, the PMMN4107 has been on the street for about 4-6 months now. It's already up to a 'C' revision (M standard these days). Hard to believe, but it's ten times the mic that the original XE RSM is, and it is no dog. Most people who have posted anything on the new one love it.

Thanks

kf4lhp,

I hear you. I think the PMMN4106 (channel knob version) is good now that it is on revision C. The 'A's had horrible cord issues. If you looked at it wrong, it failed. One FD said that he issued two new demos to a battalion chief and a truck company...both failed due to bad cords within a week. Can't imagine that a BC puts a cord through a lot of stress. Not sure what all changed besides a new cord on the 'B'. We're having good luck so far with 'C's. Audio in and out is outstanding. I have to wonder if the XE's days are numbered with these new XE500 speaker-mics. Who knows.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JeffFireRadio View Post
    I have to wonder if the XE's days are numbered with these new XE500 speaker-mics.
    Unfortunately, the XE500 in incompatible with FM approved radios such as the APX6000AN and APX7000, so they should have to keep making them for a while for the many radios out there already.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 634 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JeffFireRadio View Post
    Hard to believe, but it's ten times the mic that the original XE RSM is, and it is no dog. Most people who have posted anything on the new one love it.
    Agreed. In side-by-side comparison the XE500 mic blows the XE away in terms of TX audio quality. The XP mic has the same excellent audio quality as well. All of the legacy black mics are, frankly, garbage compared to those two.

I only have experience with the B revision XE500 mics but I haven't seen any of the problems kf4lhp mentioned.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to motorola_otaku For This Useful Post:

p25smartzone (Jul 26, 2018)

Thanks

Found one of our duds, they are indeed the "A" revision, not that much of a surprise as I think we probably got the first batch of BN APX6000s off the boat...