Thread: WPLN4111AR

Thanks

Default WPLN4111AR

I own one of these chargers with a F/W of R03.00. I know, that the F/W is incredibly old and buggy. Being that it costs more to have the thing flashed than to just buy a used one with newer firmware; what are the known issues with this F/W? Based on the research I've done, everyone just recommends to upgrade the F/W instead of knowing what the actual bugs are.

I have a NOS IMPRES NiMH for a XTS2500 that I'd like to charge with this charger (for now). From what I understand the charger will charge the battery, but I run the risk of the charger potentially corrupting the Dallas one-wire chip in the battery that provides IMPRES functionality?
    - Bryan
    "So the best solution is to paint them to blue color and throw them to the sea?" in reference to MTS2000 F01/93.

Thanks

People in the know say 3.4 is the minimum version of FW to use for Impres batteries. I do have a few with 3.9 that I use. I have been selling my 3.4’s for $20 plus shipping. GARY.

Thanks

Is it possible to still buy the firmware updater for these?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattSR View Post
    Is it possible to still buy the firmware updater for these?
    It's still showing as available in MOL - RLN5671A - List $175.00

Problem is that is a bit steep unless you have a fleet of them to upgrade or know enough people to charge $10-$20 a whack and get it to pay off. Luckily though it is not locked to a specific firmware so an update via PC and you can start upgrading to whatever version is out.

As for firmware versions - I think 3.3 is the "stable" version for XTS, 3.4 added APX support, and 3.9 and 3.11 fixed some quirks with APX battery charging.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I did get an offer from a board member to flash the charger for me, however, I already ordered another WPLN4111AR (the things are just too cheap) thats already flashed to v3.40 F/W.

I used the v3.00 F/W charger in the mean time to charge a IMPRES battery, and it worked without IMPRES disruption just fine. However, the battery had been initialized on an WPLN4127AR (I wonder if this makes a difference), have people had problems initalizing on the pre-3.3/3.4 F/W or just using a pre-3.3/3.4 charger in general?
    - Bryan
    "So the best solution is to paint them to blue color and throw them to the sea?" in reference to MTS2000 F01/93.