Thread: SM27W1 Locks Up

Thanks

Default SM27W1 Locks Up

Have 3 of these SM27W1 bluetooth microphones.
    Trying to do firmware upgrades on them following the instructions of plugging in the PC80 cable to the mic *the document does not say if the mic should be on or off when connecting the cable or when holding the P1/P2)
    Plug the cable into the mic with the radio on, push and hold P1/P2 and plugged the USB part into the computer.. Mic does NOT go into upgrade mode like it should

So i shut the mic off and hold P1/P2 and power the radio on. Screen is black nothing happens, cant get the mic to come back on now. Called hytera and they have no idea what to do and want me to send it back to them..

Took the 4 screws out and unplugged the battery for a min, put it back on and microphone powers back up now, but still cant get it to go into upgrade mode. Iv upgraded 2 of these last year and it worked fine. Using the same cable and latest software off hytera partner site but these damn mics wont go into upgrade mode. The PC80 cable has been used twice in its life time.

Anyone have any suggestions? Reason to upgrade the FW is when the mic sits with no traffic on it for a bit it goes into la la land. It mutes itslef and people can be talking and nothing comes over the BT mic. You key up and then all of a sudden its working again for a little bit. Only the bluetooth mics do this so its not a radio programming setting or repeater issues its the microphones as this was the issue on the 2 i did last year and the FW fixed it

Thanks

Don't have an answer but this is a shame to hear since I was really thinking of picking up a couple MD682s and the bluetooth RSMs for some "easy" vehicle installs. Between this and the alleged audio issues I hate to see these Hytera products are having issues. Especially since the Motorola equivalent to their answer is a $500 kit.

Thanks

I haven't had the lockup issues with mine (that I've noticed at least), but the audio quality from these things is certainly mediocre at best (and that might be generous). Such a great idea for an easy subtle install. Last year I was looking for solutions for an XPR5550 or MD782 in my Durango and went the Hytera route due to how crazy expensive the HHCH is for the 5550. Installed the 782 back in the cargo area, have the mic in the console and it all works quite well other than the disappointing audio quality.

Thanks

Same audio issue here. I also have this weird bug where when I power the mic on I don't get any receive audio until I key out on a channel. Once I key out and hear the talk permit tone, all is well. Or at least, it works. The Trbo owners with the overly hot mics are completely inaudible and even those with properly tuned audio are barely understandable.

I have applied the only FW upgrade I could locate on the SM27W1 and the ADA-01 but it made zero difference. The FW I have is from 2015/2016. I think this was the first build that allowed for TG text display. Would love to dump a brand new one to see if the FW was any newer.
    "Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics"