Thread: HT1250 Aftermarket Batteries

Thanks

Default HT1250 Aftermarket Batteries

What are you guys doing for decent aftermarket batteries for HT1250s that would work with the WPLN4197A gang Impress charger?
    Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Thanks

I believe that "decent" and "aftermarket" are now mutually exclusive terms. I have given up on after market batteries. It's always something, either they won't charge right out of the box, or capacity test either barely makes rating or fails, or the electrical contact connections to the radio are slightly different, or the plastic thickness is slightly different. And when I try to return for credit it is always an argument. Had enough, OEM only for me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ppcradioman For This Useful Post:

com501 (Sep 10, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ppcradioman View Post
    I believe that "decent" and "aftermarket" are now mutually exclusive terms. I have given up on after market batteries. It's always something, either they won't charge right out of the box, or capacity test either barely makes rating or fails, or the electrical contact connections to the radio are slightly different, or the plastic thickness is slightly different. And when I try to return for credit it is always an argument. Had enough, OEM only for me.
    Depends on WHO is the aftermarket I guess. GTS/Honeywell batteries are OEM for many brands so their quality is pretty nice - and their Motorola batteries are near-OEM in quality. But also near-OEM in price!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Navy_BOFH For This Useful Post:

ppcradioman (Sep 11, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ppcradioman View Post
    For my Saber radios I have totally abandoned OEM Nicad and NIMH batteries. They are awful. The lifespan and charge capacity are dismal.

I am using aftermarket 5000 mAh lithium Ion batteries from China. The charge from a simple wallwart . The fit and quality are good.

I also repacked two OEM batteries with 2200 mAh lithium ion cells. I am looking to repack some short OEM batteries if I can find appropriate lithium ion cells.

The new batteries are 6 oz lighter than the stock 1800 mAh batteries.

Lithium ion batteries have virtually no self discharge. You can charge them and use them months later.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks

GTS/Honeywell batteries are OEM for many brands so their quality is pretty nice - and their Motorola batteries are near-OEM in quality. But also near-OEM in price![/QUOTE]

Actually I had used Honeywell in the past, tried to locate them very recently but was unaware of the new name GTS, and none of my distributor sources are listed on the GTS web page. Thanks for the heads up, I will look into it. But if price is very close as you say I will likely stick with OEM as I am a /\/\ energy and accessory channel partner.

Thanks

Slightly on the same topic - but don't XTS batteries work on the HT1250 as well?
    I know the chargers are different - but in the use case I am looking at, there's a TON of HT1250s to replace our MTS2000s - we already have the chargers - and I have a source for surplus XTS1500/2500 batteries.

Thanks

You need the batteries with the dual contacts. I can't remember which is which but one of the radios has the contacts further down than the other. Physically they're the same form factor but the different contact placement (likely intentional) means you need different batts for different radios or the rarer dual contact ones.

Thanks

On my XTS2500 batteries [NTN9858C] I can peel the decal of the garbage can to expose the lower contacts to work on the Waris radios. OTOH, my Waris batteries, [HNN9008] has 2 sets of contacts to fit 2500, & Waris radios. GARY.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N4KVE For This Useful Post:

axel (Oct 02, 2018),Navy_BOFH (Oct 04, 2018),Viper1-6 (Oct 01, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
    On my XTS2500 batteries [NTN9858C] I can peel the decal of the garbage can to expose the lower contacts to work on the Waris radios. OTOH, my Waris batteries, [HNN9008] has 2 sets of contacts to fit 2500, & Waris radios. GARY.
    Shhhh that's been my source for getting cheap batteries for a while now since not everyone realizes they can be used on either radio. I usually buy them by the box used for pennies on the dollar then throw them on my analyzer. Ive had extremely good luck doing this since most places selling them surplus replace them on a time based schedule and don't bother checking the actual capacity of them. I should note that these are mostly for personal use and not used in mission critical/life safety situations.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bstafford For This Useful Post:

box (Oct 02, 2018),N4KVE (Oct 01, 2018),Navy_BOFH (Oct 04, 2018),Viper1-6 (Oct 02, 2018)

Thanks

Thanks for the info! I had a vague recollection of the battery fit and sticker trick - but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.

We are looking at grabbing a lot of HT1250s if we are quick enough and that will let us buy some non-IMPRES NiMH batteries or "surplus" them easily to reuse our chargers.