Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thales 25 Batteries

Thanks

I have read that the Thales 1600426 and the Thales 1600581 are interchangeable and both will charge the Thales 25 li-ion battery pack. Does anyone know this to be true? I believe that the 1600581 is actually for the prc-148, but the batterry terminals are the same as well as the chemistry.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy_BOFH View Post
    The chargers are still out there and easy to find. If you want the "mobile" charger with the lock like Splinter has, it is the Thales 23386 - still on eBay.
    The "desktop" charger is the Thales 1600426 still found on eBay as well.

Both use a standard 12VDC barrel jack wall wart. The OEM ones have a twist-lock type connector on them to keep them from popping out the back but a standard 5.5/2.5mm jack wall wart with positive center will work.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I didn’t know that the prc-148 charger was compatible with the T25. I was looking for the original “brick” with the MA6996 or 1600552-1 part number.

Regards,
    Phil

Thanks

I can confirm that the 1600581-1 will indeed charge the Thales 25 battery pack with no problem. I have noticed on ebay's detailed pictures that if you look on the rated output of the slant desktop chargers, some are rated for 15.0vdc and others are 13.5vdc. I suspect that the ones rated for 13.5 will charge the Thales 25. The ones rated at 15.0 will most likely not as the Thales cube chargers are 13.5s.

Thanks

Hi Splinter34,

Thanks for the tip. I’ll proceed cautiously.

My batteries won’t be shipped until the end of September, despite my ordering them a few weeks ago. I suspect they assemble them on demand when they receive a minimum order quantity.

Regards,
    Phil

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hi Splinter34,

Thanks for the tip. Iíll proceed cautiously.

My batteries wonít be shipped until the end of September, despite my ordering them a few weeks ago. I suspect they assemble them on demand when they receive a minimum order quantity.

Regards,
    Phil
    Just received my 1600581-1 charger. The bottom plate indicates 13.6v output. Looks like Iím good to go when my batteries arrive mid-September.

Thanks

I suspect Phil is correct, that they don't produce them until they have a substantial quantity to run off. I ordered a while back, and had to badger the seller for updates several times. It finally arrived today, 120 days after I initially placed my order. Just a heads up that if you want a battery, your one and only source has a long and variable lead time. I'm glad someone still makes them though!

Thanks

Just received our T25 batteries from Gemini. Took for ever to deliver to Australia, and the freight was expensive.

I tried charging them with an original Racal 23386 1600426-1 Rev. 3.1 charger and a later model Thales 23386 1600581-1 with firmware v2.10e and 13.6V output (according to the sticker on the base).

The original Racal charger initially appeared to start charging, then went into the error flashing sequence (green/red flash), however, the Thales charger worked fine.

I suspect it may be a firmware issue on the Racal. The Racal charger has no external serial interface, but I spied a header on the PCB that looks like a serial interface.

Anyone have any experience tinkering with the older chargers? Or should I cut my losses and replace it?

Regards,
    Phil

Thanks

Seeing as you can get 1600581-1 chargers new in box for about $25 USD each, it's probably not worth messing around with the old one. I've got two and they've been working flawlessly.

After two months of getting dicked about I gave up on Gemini and ordered from barcodefactory.com instead, for only a few bucks more. They dispatched two batteries to my freight forwarder in Oregon pretty much straight away; took a week to get there via FedEx Ground.

From there it was DHL from Portland to Canberra in 4 days. Cost for shpping on the international leg was $28 plus an $18 dangerous goods surcharge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy_BOFH View Post
    Thales 23386
    Watch out. 23386 is Thales' CAGE code, not a model number. It's printed on everything they sell to Uncle Sam.

Thanks

Ordered and received two of the GTS batteries last year. Charge and work great, only con I can find is that the top of the battery case is very lightly glued. One separated completely and the other is loose. Nothing a little extra glue won't cure