Thread: Thales 25 Batteries

Thanks

Default Thales 25 Batteries

Just want to check if it's possible for someone living outside the US to purchase batteries (OEM or third party) for the Thales 25?

I know many shipping companies frown upon lithium batteries. Otherwise, I guess I'm stuck 2W power and AA battery clam shell.

Thanks

I've purchased a few T25 batteries recently from these guys and they might ship to the UK. Cost around $106US each. http://epos.geminicomputersinc.com/s...64-li&x=13&y=6

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARC383 For This Useful Post:

MotFAN (Jan 17, 2019),pks (May 08, 2019)

Thanks

Hi,

Just for info, in my search for Thales 25 batteries, I also contacted gemini as suggested above, the price is correct $106 US, but the shipping to the UK is prohibitive, they quoted between $85 and $100 shipping per battery!, they have to be shipped as 'dangerous goods' apparently.

Thanks

I just received 3 Thales 25 batteries from Gemini. Order was shipped direct from Honeywell in Florida and was delivered in 4 days.
    All 3 batteries arrived without any charge but charged up to 100% without issue using the standard box charger from Thales.
    I have used one for several days and it still has 50% charge. Seems to have good capacity.
    Highly recommend the Honeywell battery available from Gemini.

Thanks

I wonder if the Daytron Guardian portables which seem to be selling on Ebay contain the one wire chip between its XTS battery and the Thales 25 chassis that lives within .

Thanks

I purchased one of those Datron Guardian Handie's from Ebay US Seller, Radio only but connected up my battery from my XTS stock and it works perfect. What does the one wire chip assist with? my problem is finding any Programming cables and speaker mics for them.

Thanks

The cost of shipping just put me off. Maybe a forward shipping company can do it cheaper if they declare or pack it differently.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,011 Times in 311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G1JPV View Post
    I purchased one of those Datron Guardian Handie's from Ebay US Seller, Radio only but connected up my battery from my XTS stock and it works perfect. What does the one wire chip assist with? my problem is finding any Programming cables and speaker mics for them.
    The one wire chip in IMPRES batteries can drive the Datron Guaradian nuts, weird sounds on TX audio, excessive current drain...that stuff.
    Aftermarket (non-iMPRES) batteries don't have this chip. I use a non-OEM XTS Battery LiON on my Guardian and it's fine. No problems. But put any Motorola OEM such as a NNTN6034 and it makes all kind of weird sounds while keyed up.
    Your streaming makes me AES-256. Keep it up and you'll soon have nothing to listen to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000DES View Post
    The one wire chip in IMPRES batteries can drive the Datron Guaradian nuts, weird sounds on TX audio, excessive current drain...that stuff.
    Aftermarket (non-iMPRES) batteries don't have this chip. I use a non-OEM XTS Battery LiON on my Guardian and it's fine. No problems. But put any Motorola OEM such as a NNTN6034 and it makes all kind of weird sounds while keyed up.
    That's actually the same for the XTS3000 as well. It never had the impres circuitry either so occasionally a true impres battery will cause squealing, humming, and all matter of nonsense to TX. A bit of electrical tape solves the issue quickly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to axel For This Useful Post:

G1JPV (May 11, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 640 Posts

I used to have that issue with smart batteries for the HT750 series, the radio was reading the battery from the center pin and causing the charger to freak out. Either turning on the radio as it went into the charger and turn it off, or a bit of tape on the center battery contact going to the radio cuts off the "smart" data. This will work if you can put the
    battery in the charger without the radio and have it work, but when the radio is attached it fails. Kind of a similar problem...

Thanks

Saw a clamshell on eBay that takes 10x CR123 lithium batteries. Will these allow the radio to transmit at full 5W or still restricted to 2W?

Thanks

Link? We never made one so I would be interested to see it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioinstl View Post
    Link? We never made one so I would be interested to see it
    Here's one:

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183805017297

Thanks

That is not for a Thales 25

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioinstl View Post
    That is not for a Thales 25
    Okay, I think I just made a fool of myself.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I somehow got confused with PRC148 and PRC6894.

Thanks

I have the clamshell battery holder and it does not enable 5w tx. It also slowly discharges the 10 cells over a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000DES View Post
    On an XTS5000 IMPRES battery, which contact passes the smart-battery data to the radio? Someone mentioned covering 1 of the leads with electrical tape, any idea which lead it would be on an OEM IMPRES batt? Thanks!

Thanks

This is directly from XTS5000 DSM:

DSM.png

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pks For This Useful Post:

MedicDavid78 (May 18, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pks View Post
    This is directly from XTS5000 DSM:

DSM.png
    Okay thank you much. Looks like the middle contact would be the one to cover up. Much appreciated, Ill give it a try.