Thread: programming issue with my UHF Astro Saber

Thanks

Default programming issue with my UHF Astro Saber

Just got a hold of a couple uhf astro sabers,I believe they are the "I" model they have no display.Model H04RDC9PW5AN,FIRMWARE 07.00.02.00 DSP A07.03.06
    PACKAGE H35 FLASHCODE 000001-002000-5.I was trying to program as a conventional scanner and some ham freq's,and it won't let me choose "astro" ,only allows "non-astro" when attempting to program

Thanks

Yep, thats because your flashcode doesnt have ASTRO/P25 in it.

Your DSP version starts with an A which means "Analog only"

Thanks

arghh! I guess I'm gonna learn the hard way with this stuff.Anything I can do on my end to upgrade/flash the radio? I already paid to much for them finding this out

Thanks

What do I need hardware wise to get these to do astro?I do have some resources for parts for these and would be willing to spend a little more if its just a matter of swapping a board.I was speaking to someone on this site about flashing these to correct the problem and this person is not responding to me anymore.I have 2 different people are telling me that the flash will or will not correct my issue.

Thanks

I can tell by the current host dsp that these are 1 meg radios. Your dsp needs upgrading to digital so in all you need a flash code upgrade plus a host dsp upgrade. The flash code upgrade isn't too difficult however the host dsp requires a refresh ibutton and a smartrib.

If your looking to swap boards you would be better off just buying a radio that has the options you want. Even having someone uplift the host dsp and do a flash code upgrade is getting to the point where it's almost financially better just to get a radio with the options you want in the first place.

Jason