Thread: Problem with DEP-450 Roaming

Thanks

Question Problem with DEP-450 Roaming

Hi! This is my firt topic in this forum.

I have a System with two SLR-5100 repeaters using IPSC with a big coverage area overlaped. The remote terminal are the DEP-450 and DGP-5550 models.
    At the HT DEP-450 there are some roaming problems. The DEP-450 turn "deaf" after some idle time. To fix the problem is needed to change and retorn the HT channel key or reboot the equipment. I already tried diferent roaming levels but nothing solved this kind of problem. It is solved when the roaming is disabled. The DGP-5550 is working well with Roaming enabled.

The firmware that are used at the DEP-450 are:
    R01.01.30 and R01.01.21.0000

The repeaters are using R02.08.05.03 firmware version.

Some of you experienced some problem like this? Can you help me?

Thanks

We will need a lot more info. As your radios are not in my region, I will have to make some assumptions. Can you tell us the bands (VHF, UHF, 800mhz, etc) that you are operating on, the antenna types and height, coax type, and roaming levels you used? Also, do you have access to the newest firmware for the repeaters and subscribers? There were known issues in older firmware with subscribers and battery saver enabled. Maybe share your code plugs?
    I would have to locate the CPS to read them. FB

Thanks

@Fatboy

Let me give you some more details:

It's a VHF system using a ground plane antenna and RGC213 CCA cables. But I don´t sure if it can be helpful in this case.

About the firmwares, the SLR5100 and DGP5550 were at the leatest version when the system was deployed. I can't tell the same about the DEP450, but there isn't a R02 version for this kind of equipment, like the DGP model and the repeater.

I've found two most recently different versions to update DEP450 when I did it, not in the same equipment:
    R01.01.21.0000 codeplug 09.00.14
    R01.01.30 codeplug 08.01.08
    I'm not sure what make the firmware be different to different equipments of the same model. I'm supposing it's related to the fact that I've tried to upgrade just in one step to the recently firmware version. Despite this, both don't work well.

I tested differents roaming levels, but none fixed it.

Thanks

DGP5550 is the XPR7550 in the AA region

The DEP450 is a CP200d in the AA region

I have no clue what the feature parity is between regions (I always thought the CP200d was good for single site repeaters and nothing more)

Thanks

I would update the DEP450 to newest firmware. In our region, the DEP450 is called the CP200D. Our CP200D radios are not capable of roaming between sites. I do not have your region CPS, but if you send me your codeplugs, I will try to locate it. Can you confirm that you did upgrade the Dep450 TO THE 1.01.30 FIRMWARE? Thank you, FB.

Thanks

The radios will perform just like the CM200d do. There is nothing different in the LA region units that would make the radios perform differently.

Thanks

In that case, then the radios will not roam because they are not capable of it......FB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    The radios will perform just like the CM200d do. There is nothing different in the LA region units that would make the radios perform differently.
    There is a licence that anable the roaming function in DEP450. Beyond that, the radios works normally with roaming for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    I would update the DEP450 to newest firmware. In our region, the DEP450 is called the CP200D. Our CP200D radios are not capable of roaming between sites. I do not have your region CPS, but if you send me your codeplugs, I will try to locate it. Can you confirm that you did upgrade the Dep450 TO THE 1.01.30 FIRMWARE? Thank you, FB.
    I tried to send you the CPS files, but since I am a new user, I am not allowed to send private messages or emails.

Thanks

So do the radios worked some time before now with roaming? Or did they work properly on a previous system?can you share your roaming values for all radios on the system? Just to confirm, all of the other radios work fine, it is just these DEP450 that do not work properly? FB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    So do the radios worked some time before now with roaming? Or did they work properly on a previous system?can you share your roaming values for all radios on the system? Just to confirm, all of the other radios work fine, it is just these DEP450 that do not work properly? FB
    Yes, just the DEP450 isn't working properly. The DGP models is running well.
    Once switch on, they work normally for some hours, then the problems appears. If the channel switch are changed or reboot the device, normally works again.

I tried a lot of roamig values to fix it. I started using -108 dBm. Later I changed to -95, -80 and -120. None of them solved it.

Thanks

Sounds like a firmware bug, you will have to get new firmware (if you have newest, then you have to talk to dealer). I would take it up with dealer or distributor in your country. FB