Thread: XTL-5000 Fail code 05-64

Thanks

Default XTL-5000 Fail code 05-64

I searched for variants of this fail code & didn't produce any results on this forum so I'm hoping to get some more info on it. I do understand that it's a compatibility issue with the Control head & the CHIB or radio. Is there any extensive troubleshooting info out there as to what model # CHIB I need for xyz model control head? I have not been able to go back & double check the connections on the radio & control head but will be doing so when I get access to the radio tomorrow. If there's any info that someone could furnish that they may have had from experiencing this issue would be awesome! I'd like to have some "tools" with me when I have access to it tomorrow in the grim probability that the connections are all intact.....

Thank you in advance!!

Thanks

A FAIL 05/94 is the CHIB mismatch - but I vaguely recall a FAIL 05/64 or something like that. It was on a radio set up for two remote heads, and I was using it with only one. I had to disable the second remote head, siren, and DVRS in my codeplug to drop out all the FAIL codes I got.

Thanks

My notes from running across this in the past say that having a mismatched pair of the control head and CHIB will result in either FAIL 05/93 or FAIL 05/94.

Control Head HLN1463 <---> CHIB HLN1453 (old version)
    Control Head HLN1467 <---> CHIB HLN1468 (new version)

This applies both to XTL5000 and XTL2500 with O5 or M5 control heads ('cause they're really the same thing).

Thanks

Awesome info Guys! I will use this as soon as I get to the radio & investigate!! Thanks!! BTW, I couldn't even read the radio & rightfully so if the control head isn't communicating with the RF deck.....

Thanks

OK, so, I'm checking the radio, all of the connections seem to be in place correctly, I mistyped the FL code - it's 05-94 not 05-64. KF4HLP is correct in the code & the issue at hand. My CHIB is HLN1468B & my control head is HLN-1463. Therefore, there's a mismatch of the CHIB & Control head. Now, I need to procure an HLN-1463 head (path of least resistance). Does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks

Actually, an HLN1467 head is what I am looking to procure.....

Also, does anyone know if the newer "black" 05 heads are compatible with the HLN1468 CHIB? I wouldn't mind having one of those. There's someone selling a bunch of them on fleabay for $280 ea. (ouch!!)

Thanks

The color of the head doesn't matter - the TIB and CHIB are the crucial parts. I have silver and grey(black) HLN1467s here and they're all interchangeable with the 3 XTLs I have around here.

That said - hopefully someone has a TIB/CHIB willing to be parted with.