Thread: VX-P829 UHF P25 issues

Thanks

Default VX-P829 UHF P25 issues

Don't ask me how a radio went from working to not working... but here it is...

I finally decided to stop being lazy and fully program up the radio. When I did this I added the NIFOG LE zone as is in my XTS5000. Double checked that NAC was being input in Hex and not Decimal, set RX monitor to "A" (to unmute on code), double checked all frequencies... nada.

When I TX from the XTS5000 - I just hear raw P25. If I TX from the Vertex... XTS5000 doesn't even acknowledge the frequency is in use. If I set the XTS to open monitor, the radio will go silent when I key up the Vertex. Just dead air.

Thinking the alignment went out of whack - I reset the radio to factory - nothing changed... looks like the previous owner did the same thing. I can manually align up to a certain point, where I don't have an adapter to check/verify modulation balance. Also setting max deviation on the radio was odd... I was able to set narrow and wide via my service monitor... and P25 was a dud... showed 500Hz deviation... give or take. Slamming the adjustment slider one way or another didn't change a thing.

I have heard of a few people having P25 issues with these... I am starting to wonder if it is firmware, hardware, or alignment issue. Either way I don't feel right selling it this way - and it seems to only be a decent analog radio now.

Thanks

I would try and set modulation balance somehow. Try making incremental changes at a specific frequency until the 4 level modulation appears normal.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Also the monitor must be set to look at its internal discriminator without any audio filtering deemphasis or low pass, high pass etc., must be bypassed.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk