Thread: XG-100P Trunking system issue

Thanks

Default XG-100P Trunking system issue

Trying to add a few P25T systems into my Unity portable and having an issue.

I have the main system (statewide P25) setup with the proper WACN, system ID, etc. This one is working fine.

I have tried to add a 2nd system and have also created the proper WACN, control channels, system ID, etc for this system and assigned all of this to the new system. Both systems are WACN BEE00 since they are both Motorola. The radio, however, is only seeing the first system even though I have everything pointing to the second system. I have it set for Enhanced CC Scan with the main site of the system I want set to "Always Preferred".

Is there some kind of voodoo magic I need to do on the Harris side to make this work?

Thanks

What is is doing when you select the second system? Band scan, invalid ID, etc

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks

It's acting like it is working, but it is locking onto the CC's from the first system.

When I change the roaming type to Fixed Proscan, it doesn't see the control channels at all. Just displays Control Channel Scan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSPD View Post
    When I change the roaming type to Fixed Proscan, it doesn't see the control channels at all. Just displays Control Channel Scan.
    This sounds to me like a site NAC (incorrect) issue.

Thanks

Is there any type of link (ISSI) between the system. The radio is attempting to perform intra-WACN roaming.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Got it fixed with the help of a Harris expert.

Apparently since both systems are using BEE00 as the WACN, when using Enhanced CC scan the radio will roam onto different systems using the same WACN. I had to change the second system to proscan and use the site NAC, and had to use the preferred sites list to exclude the sites of a 3rd system (VHF, and in a different mission plan no less). Very odd.

Thanks

Enhanced CC scan on the XG-100 will look for an active control channel on any band that the radio supports. You have to exclude every system you don't want the radio roaming to. If your preferred system is not the system with the strongest signal (based on the Proscan settings) it will roam to the system that is, even if it isn't set as a preferred system. The only way it won't is if you exclude that system.

Thanks

We used enhanced CC scan to allow roaming between cells without building separate systems in proscan. Also, if the site goes into site trunking (aka: Bypass) the NAC may change, so that would either be another system, or the radio won't work in site trunking.

The easiest is what TRS said. Use Enhance CC, then put the neighboring system in the site preference table as "never" so they reject each other. Less messy than ProScan

Thanks

So I have found.. not a big deal now that I understand what is going on.