Thread: Hello from the East Coast!

Thanks

Post Hello from the East Coast!

Hi Everyone,

I got bit by the wireless bug back in the 80's when I saw my first 2 meter FM radio. I went to a friends house who I met on 11 meters to buy, what else, a modified CB and saw the 2 meter rig sitting on his desk.

Immediately after that initial surprise and wonder and about a hundred questions later, at this point my friend already knew he lost the sale, plus the demo he gave me using a local repeater I was hooked.

He suggested I go to the nearest Heathkit store (back when we had them around here) and buy a "Tune in the World with Amateur Radio" book (still have it) and a practice cw key kit which I did immediately. It was all downhill from there. ;)

A few months later I had my ham ticket which led to my first job in electronics and then two-way radio and later and onto bigger and better things. Currently I'm working as system administrator for a Motorola 7.x public safety system which keeps me pretty busy.

I'm very glad to be a new member here and look forward to learning, contributing and making new friends.

NYRadio

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NYRADIO For This Useful Post:

Astro Spectra (Nov 06, 2018),com501 (Nov 06, 2018),triptolemus (Nov 05, 2018)

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 513 Posts

That's a hell of an introduction. Bravo! Welcome to the site.