Thread: MULTIPLIER M8294-LP FOR MOTOROLA XTS3000 XTS5000 NON-RECHARGE EMERGENCY BATTERY

Thanks

Default MULTIPLIER M8294-LP FOR MOTOROLA XTS3000 XTS5000 NON-RECHARGE EMERGENCY BATTERY

There is an e-bay seller (not me) selling some primary batteries for these radios. These might be of interest for those who are prepping.

They are Li/MnO2 I bought some for SABER a long while back, hope they are still good!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MULTIPLIER-...frcectupt=true

Thanks

Those are REALLY old. Multiplier stopped using the ink date stamps well over 10 years ago now. I think the shelf life on those was around 10 years.

Thanks

Let us know if they work, though. I'm curious.

Thanks

I mean i dont really see the point of these. If you're gonna gamble on these at $20, why not take a gamble on some surplus used batteries? You could buy a whole box of used batteries for the same price. I know the thought is to have these available maintenance-free, but after 10 years i wouldn't trust them. At least with the surplus batteries you can recharge them. Just buy a whole pile of used ones and rotate them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bstafford View Post
    I mean i dont really see the point of these. If you're gonna gamble on these at $20, why not take a gamble on some surplus used batteries? You could buy a whole box of used batteries for the same price. I know the thought is to have these available maintenance-free, but after 10 years i wouldn't trust them. At least with the surplus batteries you can recharge them. Just buy a whole pile of used ones and rotate them.
    Agree 100% They were about 100 bucks IIRC. I'd give $2-3 for one, but that's about it.

Thanks

Also, it seems likely that any testing by the seller may have just been to measure the battery voltage with a DVM or VOM rather than testing under load. While I understand the issues re: depleting a single-use battery by extensive testing, I'd be reluctant to buy anything this old. Better to put the money into a clamshell.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_XTS For This Useful Post:

p47r4ck (Jan 27, 2019)