Thanks

Default Motorola vs. Hytera

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 516 Posts

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Lawsuit-Hytera

November 20, 2018

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced the successful outcome of its latest patent infringement lawsuits in Germany against Hytera Communications Corporation Limited (SHE: 002583) of Shenzhen, China and Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH of Bad Mnder, Germany (collectively, Hytera). This is the second time this year that a German court has ruled in favor of Motorola Solutions against Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH; importantly it also applies to Hytera’s Chinese parent company, Hytera Communications Corporation Limited (SHE: 002583) (Hytera Communications).

Thanks

The beginning of the end for Hytera? Well not the beginning, but closer to the end.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazyboy View Post
    The beginning of the end for Hytera? Well not the beginning, but closer to the end.
    I doubt it.

They are still allowed to sell the product in the US
    https://www.hytera.us/news/itc-commi...-determination

reading legal press releases from motorola legal patient troll dept it like watching cnn (crap news network) - you know you are reading crap and half-truths and the feeling you need to take a bath in NASA grage disinfectant it alway a possibility.

The German ruling has come out but like most things legal there will be an appeal, stay of action and more legal moves.

Another side is Hytera owns Sepura who are biger seller in Europe of tetra kit, don't be surprised if Sepure gets back a DMR line up.

Hytera still has legal action pending in the US over Motorola and cartel-like actions it carries out in the local market (discussed on the forum in the past), if it succeeds it will offer customers real choice as it will help all manufactures in the US market compete on a more even playing ground.

It's only half-time in this game and there is still more to come.

Anyway the lastest motorola hardware products released (LEX for example) to market are someone else's creations/engineering with motorola sticker on it, looks like they really are becoming a services company, creater of glue to stick software purchases together and patient trolls.
    I do not believe in political correctness BS leftest tripe
    Suck it up, HTFU and make the place great again! Work never killed anyone who did it safely

5. The Following User Says Thank You to techman For This Useful Post:

crazyboy (Nov 21, 2018)

Thanks

Hytera have apparently made it on to the DoD's no buy list- https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/1...donotbuy_list/

From the article
    The letter explains that vendor bans follow from the implementation of Section 806 of the FY2011 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and Sections 881 and 889 of the FY2019 NDAA.

Section 889 (Prohibition on Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment) of the FY2019 NDAA lists five Chinese companies the DoD should avoid –
    Huawei Technologies Company, ZTE Corporation, Hytera Communications Corporation, Hangzhou Technology Company, and Dahua Technology Company

Thanks

Yeh saw that - and odds are Motorola is not on a number of Asian govt approved purchase lists.
    Hong Kong port authority dropped Motorola for Airbus I was informed last week, HK police may do as well in favor of non-US suppliers.

Just govt bs to keep pen pushers in jobs on both sides.

What I also found funny, Hikvision and Dahua Technology are also listed... These are two of the largest CCTV/IP camera producers in the world for both OEM and own brand name. Looks like Axis among others are now on the band list for modems produced in these factories.

I wonder if norsat and Sinclar have also been banned from purchase.......
    Suck it up, HTFU and make the place great again! Work never killed anyone who did it safely

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techman View Post
    I doubt it.

reading legal press releases from motorola legal patient troll dept it like watching cnn (crap news network) - you know you are reading crap and half-truths and the feeling you need to take a bath in NASA grage disinfectant it alway a possibility.

The German ruling has come out but like most things legal there will be an appeal, stay of action and more legal moves.

Another side is Hytera owns Sepura who are biger seller in Europe of tetra kit, don't be surprised if Sepure gets back a DMR line up.

Hytera still has legal action pending in the US over Motorola and cartel-like actions it carries out in the local market (discussed on the forum in the past), if it succeeds it will offer customers real choice as it will help all manufactures in the US market compete on a more even playing ground.

Anyway the lastest motorola hardware products released (LEX for example) to market are someone else's creations/engineering with motorola sticker on it, looks like they really are becoming a services company, creater of glue to stick software purchases together and patient trolls.
    Thanks for spelling it out. There has been so many articles back and forth that I have completely lost track of where their lawsuits are.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyboy For This Useful Post:

techman (Nov 27, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazyboy View Post
    Thanks for spelling it out. There has been so many articles back and forth that I have completely lost track of where their lawsuits are.
    That ok :-)
    Down here in Australia, some of the customers I deal with ask these questions from time to time to options and longer-term direction, legal challenges overseas is a concern to long-term support but it also undermines customers conference to stay with either vendor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techman View Post
    I doubt it.

Sepura has now got a DMR line, they are testing handsets with a few big UK events.

Thanks

Hi,

Sepura had a DMR line since 2014 or so, it was Kirisun rebadged products.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bup View Post
    Hi,

Sepura had a DMR line since 2014 or so, it was Kirisun rebadged products.
    Sepura was using a rebadged Kirisun but stopped selling the radios in 2016 due to financial loss
    https://www.techradar.com/au/news/se...-loss-for-2016

Now Hytera has purchased Sepura they may have re-entered the DMR market.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to techman For This Useful Post:

bup (Dec 01, 2018)

Thanks

This just in from MSI (may be old news, I apologize if it is):

December 4, 2018
    Dear d119:
    Last year Motorola Solutions filed several legal actions against Hytera Communications Limited, including a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) asserting that Hytera is unlawfully importing and selling two-way radio equipment, systems and related software and components that infringe four of Motorola Solutions' patents. I am writing to inform you that on November 16, the ITC issued a Notice of Final Determination confirming that certain Hytera products are infringing four Motorola Solutions patents.
    As part of its Final Determination, the ITC issued an exclusion order that will prevent the importation of products infringing three of those patents into the United States, as well as a cease-and-desist order that will prevent the sale and marketing of those infringing products previously imported into the United States.
    Importantly, Motorola Solutions' infringed patents cover a variety of innovative technologies in use in today's two-way radios and repeaters. The patents covered by the ITC's exclusion order relate to:
    Motorola Solutions' Fast Scan technology, which enables a subscriber radio to scan through a list of radio frequency channels quickly to find important transmissions;
    Motorola Solutions' Rapid Re-key technology, which ensures that messages are repeated even after a repeater de-keys, thereby significantly reducing message delay and eliminating dropped transmissions; and
    Motorola Solutions' TDMA Direct Mode Pseudo Trunking technology, increases the number of calls that can take place and significantly reduces the amount of time it takes to set up a new call.
    Following a mandatory 60-day presidential review period, expected to conclude around January 15, 2019, the ITC's exclusion and cease-and-desist orders will take effect. At such time, we expect at least the following Hytera products to be excluded from the U.S. market:
    Radios (Subscribers): MD652, MD782, BD302, BD362, BD502, PD412, PD502, PD562, PD602, PD662, PD682, PD702, PD752, PD782, PD792, PD982, X1e, X1p
    Repeaters: RD622, RD982
    The ITC also rejected Hytera's request for a repair and replacement exception. This means that neither Hytera nor any third-party repair provider will be able to import replacement parts or perform service for infringing products imported and sold before January 15, 2019 (the date the exclusion order goes into effect).
    The ITC is an independent federal agency with broad investigative authority to address unfair trade practices, including situations in which a foreign company is unfairly competing by importing infringing products into the United States.
    I want to assure you that Motorola Solutions embraces legitimate competition. In fact, we believe that robust, fair competition drives innovation and benefits our customers and our industry as a whole. However, the infringement demonstrated by Hytera creates an uneven playing field and threatens the industry's ability to innovate, which ultimately hurts customers. Importantly, there are numerous alternative products on the market, as several other companies supply similar products in the U.S. and around the world.
    We have created a webpage which outlines the ITC's ruling, lists the impacted Hytera products and provides answers to frequently asked questions. We encourage you to use this as a resource; additionally; we have included a customer letter which you are welcome to use.
    Meanwhile, it remains business as usual at Motorola Solutions. We continue to offer our full suite of best-in-class products, services and solutions and remain committed to developing unique, innovative products for our customers around the world.
    Thank you for your support as a valued Motorola Solutions partner.
    Sincerely,

Jack Molloy
    Executive Vice President
    Products & Sales
    Motorola Solutions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d119 View Post
    This just in from MSI (may be old news, I apologize if it is):
    Somewhat old news. That announcement was issued on November 19, 2018:

https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en...customers.html

Thanks

I figured such. Interesting they took almost a month to send it out via e-mail.

Thanks

Radios (Subscribers): MD652, MD782, BD302, BD362, BD502, PD412, PD502, PD562, PD602, PD662, PD682, PD702, PD752, PD782, PD792, PD982, X1e, X1p
    Repeaters: RD622, RD982
    The ITC also rejected Hytera's request for a repair and replacement exception. This means that neither Hytera nor any third-party repair provider will be able to import replacement parts or perform service for infringing products imported and sold before January 15, 2019 (the date the exclusion order goes into effect).
    There is the part that stood out to me. As a third party - I'm somehow restricted via this ruling to "service" certain Hytera products? Does that include programming? How does that get enforced?

I had read that in one of the German court rulings, Hytera was going to have financial obligations regarding the disposal of existing radios covered under their ruling. I had read that as a "buy back" program to help get the old units out of the market. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Radioguy7268 View Post
    There is the part that stood out to me. As a third party - I'm somehow restricted via this ruling to "service" certain Hytera products? Does that include programming? How does that get enforced?

I had read that in one of the German court rulings, Hytera was going to have financial obligations regarding the disposal of existing radios covered under their ruling. I had read that as a "buy back" program to help get the old units out of the market. Am I wrong?
    Firmware upgrade to v9 on 6xx to 9xx series addresses the issues on radios and v2 firmware for pd3-5 for lower-end models, otherwise, cross-grade to i-series radios is an option. net result sales as usial from what local hytera and (motorola wholesales) are sayng down where.

lets see what happens next - it takes to to play in court and both have extensive patent suites, it would be sad to see hytera/secure pull a motorola on motorola.