Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorola vs. Hytera

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P25a View Post
    Intereseting that now in Australia, Motorola have now takes Hytera to court of Copyright of their "Source Code" and not just the patent breach.
    https://www.arnnet.com.au/article/65...s-source-code/
    Yes - they amended the paperwork to try and take another at trying to get a win. I suspect if they have a win it will open the door in the US for a second go at this.

motorola will need to be careful here, both companies had to air there dirty linen and it will come home to bite them.

also chasing copyright claim in a convict colony of the UK.... :-) where is sirco when you need them!
    I do not believe in political correctness BS leftest tripe
    Suck it up, HTFU and make the place great again! Work never killed anyone who did it safely

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p47r4ck View Post
    I think for most folks in Urban/Suburban areas, you nailed it.

What's going to be interesting is : Rural areas with terrible terrain for propagation (Western Pennsylvania being one of them). You get down into the hollows and valleys, nobody's cellular devices work. The only folks passing voice traffic? LMR users. The only folks passing data? State Agencies on PA-STARNet (old OpenSky network transitioning to an ASTRO25 P2 system), or SAT users.

I'm also guessing when you get out into the BLM-areas of the Western US, those high-power mobiles probably still come in handy, somebody correct me if that's out of line.

Now, all that said - If FirstNET gets cellular infrastructure into those same places the LMR traffic will pass, then all the better.

In my world, local PD brass are getting Sonim XP 5800's... Non-Touch Android with a D-Pad is an interesting animal. But the PTT-over-LTE voice quality sounds great (they needed to get their devices whitelisted on our NAC to get on the WLAN because... well... no cell service in our buildings)
    I have been in a couple of locations here in Australia where LTE has used 700mhz band to deal with interesting terrain and if fuctions quite well. Also one of the advantages if microcells is the coverage it gives and it can run across satelite connection or ptp microwave. downside for motorola is the cost - microcells are under 15k aud installed locally plus connection back to core (setup with 5mhz spectrium from memory).

A number of mine sites in my state locally have been commissioning private lte for mine comms and driverless trucks, first saving identified to get the business case up... no maintinance or replacment of (motorola) p25 radio network. Upshot for contractors who have needed a radio in the past for on site comms (cost around 2k aud) is the cost of the app on phone or tablet comes is at almost free. It is all heuwei kit installed, BTS's are all top of tower water proof units and cheap as chips to install. Biggest cost if core and software license.

Last time I looked at motorola options for p25, there was no gtr8000 top of tower option yet.
    Suck it up, HTFU and make the place great again! Work never killed anyone who did it safely

3. The Following User Says Thank You to techman For This Useful Post:

p47r4ck (Feb 06, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000DES View Post
    My money says the days of $8000 radios and $35,000 repeaters are coming to an end.
    Not when the days of $2000 cellphones are arriving.

The high-priced stuff will shift downward a bit, but most of the people placing the orders are using tax money, and figure that if they ever have to answer questions in court, they want to say that they didn't cut corners by buying cheap, unreliable comm gear.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoloCDR For This Useful Post:

com501 (Apr 24, 2019),Mars (Apr 23, 2019),phonebuff (Apr 24, 2019),slapshot0017 (Apr 24, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoloCDR View Post
    Not when the days of $2000 cellphones are arriving.

The high-priced stuff will shift downward a bit, but most of the people placing the orders are using tax money, and figure that if they ever have to answer questions in court, they want to say that they didn't cut corners by buying cheap, unreliable comm gear.
    Yep that works well, there was a saying if you purchase IBM, Microsoft, Motorola, GE you will not get fired.... These days are long gone

duckduckgo quick search
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=motorola+s...=v151-1&ia=web

Motorola you may get to go to court, and it seems when you look into opensource court doco they are settled out of court last minute.

At least if you purchase the $2000 phones, you do not need to purchase the $200k voice recording system, all you need to do is request the 5 eyes clowns provide a copy of the conversation!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to techman For This Useful Post:

Viper1-6 (Apr 24, 2019)