Thread: Opinions on the Mission Critical Wireless Earpiece? (or similar accys)

Thanks

Default Opinions on the Mission Critical Wireless Earpiece? (or similar accys)

Just curious, has anyone used the Mission Critical Wireless Earpiece with the APX radio line? Haven't been able to find any real reviews on the accessory, would like to hear some impressions as I'm considering buying. Looking for impressions on audio (does noise canceling work with this unit like it does with the IMPRES RSMs?), comfort, ease of use, battery life and all that stuff.

I operate at a couple public safety nets from time to time where cord-minimal / handsfree operation is a big benefit, so if you have experience with similar accessories for the APX line, that would be great to hear about too. Basically looking to "manage" fewer things about the radio when working, and the RSM gets in the way sometimes.

Thanks

I've used mine multiple times on the fireground (including while operating a skid-mounted CAFS pump that is positively deafening)... RX and TX audio was great. I was very surprised - I was used to the old Voiceducers, which were horrible.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if you happen to have the model with the longer cord or the shorter one? The difference in length is so minor that it doesn't seem like it would make a big difference, but you never know.

Thanks

Mine has the shorter cord, but it shouldn't make a difference. I would probably get the long cord next time.

Thanks

Not my personal experience, but a firefighter I know said their department doesn't like the battery life. He said it was roughly 20 hours.

Thanks

If I'm on a scene 20 hours, I'm OK with falling back to an RSM (or plugging the thing in to charge when I get rotated out). To be clear, they are NOT NFPA-approved or intended for fire attack use. My typical use case is standing on the pump panel, pulling levers and watching everyone else have all the fun!

syntrx No Longer Registered

They don't take long to charge, either. I haven't timed it, but half an hour maybe?

If that's going to be a problem, spring for an extra $100 and have two pods that you can rotate.

The main audio complaint I get on mine is the obvious Bluetooth CVSD sounding audio when I'm on FM, but it mostly sounds pretty good.