Thread: NTN2570 audio quality?

Thanks

Default NTN2570 audio quality?

Gents,

Does anyone have experience with these? Anecdotally how is the earpiece audio but more importantly how is the mic quality? From what I gather the mic is the mushroom on top of the ear. I'm just wondering how much of a hit i'd experience going from a commander RSM to the NTN2570. Thanks.

Thanks

The TX audio on the RSM will be better in louder environments - the NTN2570 due to it's mic placement will need some BT audio gain ~5-6dB and may drag in background noise. Overall the audio quality is actually pretty good with plenty of RX volume. On mine I can speak at a normal level with good TX audio. The earpiece is also comfortable to wear.

Thanks

That's encouraging. For now it would be used with an XTS5000 until we switch to APX, so I'm not sure what kind of gain control I would lose until then. Might be worth trying out though.

Thanks

@Dubs: just wondered if you gave this a try, and if so what the audio quality was like compensating for background noise?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rola View Post
    The TX audio on the RSM will be better in louder environments - the NTN2570 due to it's mic placement will need some BT audio gain ~5-6dB and may drag in background noise. Overall the audio quality is actually pretty good with plenty of RX volume. On mine I can speak at a normal level with good TX audio. The earpiece is also comfortable to wear.

Have you tried this for fire ground operations? Just curious if it would pick up a lot of the background noise.