Thread: User Config Manager

matthew.cummins No Longer Registered

Default User Config Manager

I have a bunch of XTS5000 Radio's that I need to set to 'secure' transmission. Is there a way in the User Config Manager to set all these radio's at once instead of having to touch every single radio? I have an idea that its under the TG/MG capabilities tab? Or any other ideas?

Thanks...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,323 Times in 1,804 Posts

To go secure, you would need:

- UCMs in each radio (or ADP software encryption)
    - Configure codeplug to enable either Hardware/Software encryption, and set the key-reference type (CKR or PID)
    - Set each personality/talkgroup up for select/secure, and strap the key
    - Program codeplug to radio
    - Load key-variable to radio

You'll have to reprogram each radio. You may be able to use the "Clone Wizard", depending on matching flashcode of course.

Thanks

You would have to provision the talkgroups correctly and then either reprogram them one at a time as Mars stated or OTAP them if your system is capable.

BobHopi No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by matthew.cummins View Post
    I have a bunch of XTS5000 Radio's that I need to set to 'secure' transmission. Is there a way in the User Config Manager to set all these radio's at once instead of having to touch every single radio? I have an idea that its under the TG/MG capabilities tab? Or any other ideas?

Thanks...
    Mars and Magnus are correct that the radios need to be individually programmed to operate in the encrypted mode. On the system side, you will need to create a TG/MG capabilities profile that includes the correct encryption key ID for that encryption type in order for it to work on MCC7500 IP-based consoles and Centracom Gold Elite consoles (you need to put the encryption key into the MGEG as well). If you don't have consoles or these talk groups won't be going to consoles, you don't need to do anything in the UCM (User Config Manager, not Universal Crypto Module).