Thread: HKN4191B Power Cables...Now from China???

Thanks

Default HKN4191B Power Cables...Now from China???

I've noticed that some eBay sellers who sell the mid-power dash mount power cable (HKN4191B) show pics with the standard Motorola OEM label that we're all used to and some show the standard OEM label with a new third line stating 'Made in China". Are these non-OEM knockoffs made to look factory or has mother M dipped into the far east for these, too? Does anyone know the differences (if any) or have performance comparisons? I haven't taken delivery on a factory fresh dash mount radio in a few months, so can't tell you what is shipping with the radios these days, or what to expect from an MOL parts order. I ask as I am buying some MOL cables for stock and just wondered what's up. They pulled that with VHF duplexers that shipped with Quantars a few years back, replacing the fantastic Celwave set with an exact look-alike Fingdu unit. The reports from the field were not flattering. Thanks for any words.

Thanks

I think you will find for some time motorola has had parts produced in China and repackaged in maylisa as part of a kit or just the part it's self.

You may find it comes down to who can supply the parts within a time frame and at the right cost get the job.
    I do not believe in political correctness BS leftest tripe
    Suck it up, HTFU and make the place great again! Work never killed anyone who did it safely

Thanks

Yes our legit Motorola ones have the Made in China on the third line.

Thanks

Crazyboy...thank you. That eases my mind...a bit...should I get one of those inside a new mobile box or an MOL parts order. If you remember the portable antenna thing a few years back with the knockoffs which still sported the pirated M symbol and had no propagation value whatsoever. I just want to know I'm getting the real deal and not a lead-filled, no-copper POS from China. The newly added Made In China line had me concerned. Again, thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JeffFireRadio View Post
    Crazyboy...thank you. That eases my mind...a bit...should I get one of those inside a new mobile box or an MOL parts order. If you remember the portable antenna thing a few years back with the knockoffs which still sported the pirated M symbol and had no propagation value whatsoever. I just want to know I'm getting the real deal and not a lead-filled, no-copper POS from China. The newly added Made In China line had me concerned. Again, thanks.
    Well I wont guarantee they’re not lead filled non copper from China, but at least they will come in a box from Motorola!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyboy For This Useful Post:

box (Dec 19, 2018)