Thread: Invar tuning rod for Sinclair

Thanks

Default Invar tuning rod for Sinclair

Does anyone have a good source for the Invar rod used in tuning a Sinclair Q3220e duplexer(I got screwed). The unit that I purchased off of ebay had the rods cut off to the point that it will not tune down to where I need it.

I have heard that Sinclair will sell it for a ridiculous price and I am trying Jag RF. I know that it can be purchased from other suppliers but so far I haven't found a good source in my online searches.

Thanks

The rods are just a aluminum (i think) rod. I have bent some in the past. Any good metal shop should be able to replace the rod with a new one.

Again we run into idiots who hack apart hardware because they dont know what they are doing or want it to look pretty.

Thanks

Instead of trying to fix it, you might try to get your money back via the eBay guarantee, assuming that it was a recent purchase and was sold as "used" rather than for "parts or repair." Even if the seller stated that s/he doesn't accept returns, eBay might look with favor on a "not as described" claim, especially if the frequency range was listed and the duplexer you received won't tune there. You might have to explain the technical details.

I had a incident where a "used" electronic item wasn't as described. Once I opened a case with eBay, the seller accepted it for return notwithstanding a "no returns" statement in the listing.

Thanks

Update....thanks to a good friend of mine who has a collection of all kinds of two way equipment, we were able to rob some invar rod from a 72 MHz cavity to fix the problem.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FMTRU140D For This Useful Post:

Viper1-6 (Jan 22, 2019)

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Its always good to know what the final outcome was.