Thread: Multiple Keys for multiple channels?

krc845 No Longer Registered

Default Multiple Keys for multiple channels?

Our system we are changing to has three enhanced security keys. Two are for police channels and one for fire/dispatch. I do not see anywhere in the CPS where I can assign which key to which digital channel. For example we have a channel named PCFD which has enhanced privacy on it while Moody 1 is also digital but no privacy and displays the unlocked key on the screen.

Thanks

what radios TRBO or ASTRO25?

for astro 25 the setting is in the personality screen secure set to strapped and in secure II set the strap key to what ever key you choose.

TRBO XPR4550 and XPR6550

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Go into the Channel Page and select the key you want using the Privacy Alias.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

If I am understanding you correctly you want me to go to the individual channel I want to apply a key to and apply it in that channels settings?
    If so, I dont see an option to choose between the three keys.

I am currently setting up a codeplug for the XPR6550. I want to apply Key ID 3 to Zone One channel 10.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    Go into the Channel Page and select the key you want using the Privacy Alias.

Thanks

Make sure your view is set to Expert.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Make sure your view is set to Expert.
    That corrected it, thanks!

I dont feel like starting another thread so thought I would just ask in this one...
    My chief has obtained the keys needed and he will be putting them in my codeplug for me. If I want to go add a channel down the road when I go to write to the radio do I need to type the keys in again for each time I program the radio?

Thanks

Yes, you will need to enter the keys again.
    Cyrus

Thanks

Yes, you will need to enter the keys again.
    UNLESS you can get a saved copy of the codeplug with the keys loaded before it is loaded into the radio. If you read the radio after the keys have been loaded, you will have to reload them. You can modify and save versions of an existing codeplug with keys intact all you want so long as it is not loaded into the radio and then read from the radio to edit.