Thread: XG-100P and the 3 finger salute ?

Thanks

Default XG-100P and the 3 finger salute ?

Does this procedure reset the entire radio's settings and require re-loading the firmware? Does bluetooth connectivity for programming get reset?

Thanks

It zeroes the mission plans and keys. You will have to re-pair the bluetooth but it can still be used to program. It does not erase the firmware.

I learned the hard way after accidentally loading a mission plan with over 1250 channels, which caused the radio to hang on the boot screen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSPD View Post
    It zeroes the mission plans and keys. You will have to re-pair the bluetooth but it can still be used to program. It does not erase the firmware.

I learned the hard way after accidentally loading a mission plan with over 1250 channels, which caused the radio to hang on the boot screen.
    I inadvertently had the radio run it's internal test routine and now the overall volume levels are reduced.

I'm thinking it's a glitch and the 3 finger salute should reset everything and then I'll just re-load the mission plans. Does bluetooth need to be initially enabled in RPM or can it still be enabled from the radio Menu after the 3 finger salute is performed? I don't have the USB programming cable with me yet and I don't want the radio to be locked out of bluetooth programming if it requires it to be first enabled in a mission plan via the USB cable and RPM .

Thanks

I *think* it can be re-enabled from the menu. I didnt have a cable either at the point I had to zero the radio so that must be what I did when I had the problem.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NSPD For This Useful Post:

TRS (Jan 13, 2019)

Thanks

Ok,thanks!

Thanks

Anyone know what the latest Firmware for the XG 100P using RPM 10?

Thanks

For RPM 10B, I'd stick with R02A26.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rescue161 View Post
    For RPM 10B, I'd stick with R02A26.
    Only have p25 conv. firmware at the moment. Looking to up the thing for p25p2.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks

That's going to be pricey to upgrade it from conventional to P25 Phase 2!

Just be aware that Command Tactical Zones,Manual Channel Entry and the A,B,C switch/channel knob function assignment configuration aren't supported with R02A26.

Custom Scan Lists doesn't work properly either.The radio will tend to crash and reboot itself when attempting to use it. It's also advised to leave the Custom Scan Lists function unchecked altogether in RPM 10 and to also not use any of the password features, including the Channel Edit password. Using any of the password features can result in the radio locking up and becoming a paperweight and then needing a trip back to Harris.Good luck getting anywhere with them when it does happen.

For those previous mentioned features to be supported or function properly, you have to use newer code than R03A and also use RPM 11 or later.