Thread: XTS 3000 Talkgroups

Thanks

Default XTS 3000 Talkgroups

Is there any way to pause from scanning and listen to an individual talkgroup with the radio trying to affiliate.... I know about adding a scan list with only the group in question added, but is that the only option ?

Thank's

Randy

Thanks

I'm sorry... Typo.... I mean without the radio trying to affiliate....

Thank's

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 579 Posts

Not really. Conventional scan gives you Dynamic Priority where you can elevate a particular channel in the scanlist to 2nd priority for the duration, but that doesn't work with Talkgroup Scan, which is what you need to use to prevent affiliation.

You can increase the scan hang time to something very large like 10 seconds or more so it will tend to stay on that talkgroup for more than a few seconds as normal, that will seem to be stuck on that "channel" for a while if it hears anything.

Other than that, you can use "nuisance delete" squelch out any interfering traffic if you want to temporarily listen to one interesting thing, just keep hitting delete if it's on some other talkgroup until you lock out everything else but your channel of interest.

P.S. No need to re-post for corrections, just use the "edit post" button. For up to 24 hours, I think, you can correct or re-edit your posts if they need amendment. After that we fill them with concrete.

Thanks

Alpha is correct you can edit for 24 hrs after posting. If its a major mistake you can either post a correction or as a moderator to do the editing (in PM).