Thread: Failsoft questions

matthew.cummins No Longer Registered

Default Failsoft questions

I have a few questions about failsoft. First, what is the difference between between personality f/s and talkgroup f/s?
    When choosing a r/x and t/x freq for failsoft, do i just choose the freq that is on one of our radios from the trunking system?
    And can different talkgroups have the same failsoft t/x and r/x freq that I chose from the above question? If different talkgroups have that same freq with they interfere with each other because they are the same frew or still be on different channels?

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matthew.cummins View Post
    I have a few questions about failsoft. First, what is the difference between between personality f/s and talkgroup f/s?
    When choosing a r/x and t/x freq for failsoft, do i just choose the freq that is on one of our radios from the trunking system?
    And can different talkgroups have the same failsoft t/x and r/x freq that I chose from the above question? If different talkgroups have that same freq with they interfere with each other because they are the same frew or still be on different channels?
    1) I believe personality failsoft assigns the same frequency pair for each talkgroup in the personality whereas talkgroup failsoft assigns a frequency pair for each talkgroup.

2) Yes. Use the repeater pair assigned by your system admin.

3) Yes. Your users must be instructed before a system failsoft occurs that they will possibly be sharing the repeater with other users. Typically on a mixed use system, public safety gets repeaters of their own while public works share repeaters.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.