Thread: XTL5000 W3 TIB

Thanks

Default XTL5000 W3 TIB

Im trying to get a W3 setup for my XTL5000 mid power to work but have much diffuculty. What's the difference with the TIBS? I just need a TIB that will allow me to use the HHCH and power on and off with a button and navigation. Will 3085019F01 flex and and HLN68883A allow for basic use of a W3 HHCH ? If anyone is selling a W3 TIB with mid power flex please help me lol.

Thanks

The W3 TIBs are pretty rare as far as I can tell, I think Motorola pushed the O3 for those installations.
    You should be able to use a W3 on a TIB built for the W4,5,7,9 heads but the power button will not work, you can use the IGN or a switch to power the radio up through the DSUB acc plug.
    This is a less than an ideal situation and a fused, filtered and voltage/surge limited lead would be a must as you are bypassing these features built into the radio.

Thanks

I can confirm that this does work well with the ignition sense wire. However I would put a very small fuse inline to keep from burning up the tib in case of the accidental back feed. I would think a 3 amp fuse is plenty.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerryschmose For This Useful Post:

k9sarin (Jul 01, 2019),SoloCDR (Jun 30, 2019)