Thread: VX-P824 Encryption key removal

Thanks

Question VX-P824 Encryption key removal

I have some VX-P824 portables that have encryption keys loaded in random order. When I read the radios the CKR numbers don't all match up in the same order so we are unable to easily clone them and have the assigned keys line up properly. It seems like the best thing to do is to erase all the loaded keys and start over so they are all loaded in the same sequence. Can anyone tell me how to easily erase the keys?

Thanks

Thanks

Manual says that Vertex VSCM can do zeroization, but this feature ais available for C.O. (Cryptographic-Officer) only. But not for User. But how to change access mode? No answer.

For emergency zeroization I think you can try all possible combinations of side keys and orange key + battery remove. If doesn't work, power ON instead of battery remove. And one of them will do a trick.
    Everyone who loves RadioReference get into the hell. Especially those who also love PL-259 connectors.

Thanks

Thanks, I guess since I have access to the KVL then I can elevate my position to (Cryptographic-Officer). That info was just enough info for me to look at the options in the KVL and realize we can delete keys from the radio using the KVL. Encryption for us is still pretty new.