Thread: Thales Liberty Wideband Enable

Thanks

Question Thales Liberty Wideband Enable

Does anyone know of a way to enable the wideband feature on a Thales Liberty? Does a feature enabler exist like the Thales25?

This radio would be great for ham use (aside from the busy channel issue) but right now is not due to the wideband restriction.

Since this is old, clearly unsupported technology, hopefully it falls into the same category as the Thales25.

Thanks for any help or information you guys can provide.

Thanks

How does the Liberty radio work when you bought optional features. Was there a program that connected to the internet somehow to determine the allowed features?
    I am Extremely familiar with the way the Thales 25 worked and I wonder if it is similar.

Thanks

It's usual paid feature. Must be ordered off Thales.
    [I][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=#696969]Everyone who loves RadioReference get into the hell. [U]Especially those[/U] who also love PL-259 connectors.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Thanks

How exactly would it be enables though? Is there a program you download to enable features? It seems like Thales has finally pulled most liberty stuff of their site like they did the Thales 25 stuff a while ago.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't know. I've only seen old T25 enabler.
    [I][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=#696969]Everyone who loves RadioReference get into the hell. [U]Especially those[/U] who also love PL-259 connectors.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Thanks

It is not a supported radio anymore from Thales. If you were a purchaser of the radio from Thales and you were a FED/DOD or other user with a FCC exemption, it would be enabled.
    Since it is not a supported radio, the likelyhood they will enable it is slim, that and there are not many people there who even know how anymore.

Thanks

My Liberty has the Analog Wideband (AW) feature enabled. As far as I can tell, only Thales could enable the feature onboard the radio. The radio will only respond to the AW mode being enabled within the PC Programmer if the radio itself has been flashed to allow it. I really wish Thales would release it's low-level programming software so legacy liberty users could dive deeper into their hardware.

Thanks

Learn Green Hills Software in and out, and you have a beautiful FPGA, fully software defined brick to play with. If its worth that much to you.

Unlike many manufacturers who develop their own RTOS from scratch, the Liberty is using a pretty standard COTS GHS setup.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PSEhub For This Useful Post:

axel (Jul 24, 2019),Samg381 (Jul 24, 2019)