Thread: Quantar UHF Exciter Failure

Thanks

Default Quantar UHF Exciter Failure

Hi all!

Our UHF quantar at a (somewhat) remote site has apparently **** the bed tonight. Was working earlier today but this evening we noticed it wasn't keying up. Remoted in to the config PC, and the station is online and green except for the exciter module. Seems to be dead, and nothing shows up in the metering screen or the firmware section.

exciter.PNGform.PNG

We can only get up to the site (top of a residential building) every couple of weeks so I'd like to try as much as I can remotely (if I can do anything) before we have to go up there. I tried a soft reboot by reloading the existing codeplug but that didn't seem to solve anything. Wondering if this is a common failure and if it requires exciter replacement. If so that basically totals the machine for us as we can't justify dropping $400 on a new one.

Thanks

Here's the logfile after the reboot as well if it helps anyone out.

log.PNG

Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 Times in 1,671 Posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Likely not your issue, but be sure to rule this out: http://p25.io/quantar-exciter-repair/
    Yep, that was one of the first articles I read. Sadly I'm of the opinion that our problem is worse, as the module doesn't even show up on any of the service screens. Could just be a bad connection to the backplane though, at least that's what I'm hoping.