Thread: NX-5900 NOOB here with questions.

Thanks

Default NX-5900 NOOB here with questions.

First let me just say, we primarily provision Motorola trunked radio's.

We have a few NX5900's we had a few issues to work thru with licensed features but those should be fixed now.

Problem #1 Can not load DES-OFB key with KV4k+ using Kenwood provided cable. The option enabled is DES 4-key.

Problem #2 How do you enter a conventional frequency,,,LOL YEAH you heard me correct!

Problem #3 How do you enter an ATG

I would of typed more, but there is an issue with typing on the forums. Took me 10min to type this!!! UHGGG!!
    This is what typing looks like, LOL
    I would f typed oe, but here is an issue with tping on te forum. Took me 10min t type this. This ishat typig looks lik. LOL

Thanks in avace!
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    First let me just say, we primarily provision Motorola trunked radio's.

We have a few NX5900's we had a few issues to work thru with licensed features but those should be fixed now.

Problem #1 Can not load DES-OFB key with KV4k+ using Kenwood provided cable. The option enabled is DES 4-key.

Problem #2 How do you enter a conventional frequency,,,LOL YEAH you heard me correct!

Problem #3 How do you enter an ATG

I would of typed more, but there is an issue with typing on the forums. Took me 10min to type this!!! UHGGG!!
    This is what typing looks like, LOL
    I would f typed oe, but here is an issue with tping on te forum. Took me 10min t type this. This ishat typig looks lik. LOL

Thanks in avace!
    1. The included DES 4 key is software based, you would type it in the “codeplug”. The KVL would be used if you purchased any of the hardware encryption.

2. Are you using the software in zone/channel view or the other view which is more of a table? I know it is not the technical term but I do not have the software in front of me at the moment.

3. Not sure, have not really played with trunking much. I will have to open the software and look around.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyboy For This Useful Post:

moetorola (Feb 20, 2019)

Thanks

Thankyou..for the help on questions 1 and 2, it is working now.

Just need to figure out the ATG!

Thanks again!
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moetorola For This Useful Post:

crazyboy (Feb 20, 2019)

Thanks

Is the Kenwood equiv term for ATG called Announcement Group Call?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    Is the Kenwood equiv term for ATG called Announcement Group Call?
    From what I see it appears to be, but I do not have real world experience with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyboy For This Useful Post:

moetorola (Feb 28, 2019)