Thread: Type II Trunking Help on 5100

Thanks

Default Type II Trunking Help on 5100

All,

I have experience with Motorola, but apparently, EFJ is confounding me.

I am currently running a Quantar in VOC/Site Trunking as an experiment. I have programmed up my APX8K, and it works perfectly. I pretty much copied the information over to the EFJ, but it will not go into site trunking, and the unit "bonks" and will not affiliate or transmit. Can anyone lend a hand?

I can post the .cp for anyone to review.

Thanks

If I remember correctly from my efj days, the sn/sz support on efj radios is very limited. I do not believe voc and even in some cases site trunking are supported. I went through hell trying to convince the engineers and above to improve support for snsz but they see it as not worth the investment and as a migratory usage to p25.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Thanks for your response.

That is interesting. I got the impression Site-Trunking happens when the connection from the repeater to the trunked controller is lost. It is not a setting in the CP. I see the option to notify the user that the unit is in site trunking in the EFJ CP. I don't think there is a setting for VOC for the EFJ, but there isn't one for Motorola either. I just set a single control channel, and it receives the information from the Control Channel of the repeater and works. At least that is how it is in my APX.

Might try and track down an XTS5000, and maybe a 300, to test as well.

Thanks

I think its more of a firmware thing. I helped them troubleshoot some SNSZ issues in Lincoln and it was a matter of the radio simply ignoring the opcodes on the control channel that it didnt understand. I brought up VOC and site trunking as i had some complaints from customers and their attitude was "oh well, they will be going P25 soon and it wont be an issue".

I dont recall if i pushed hard enough to get site trunking fixed, but i do know VOC was a no go.

-- posts merged --

To expand on what i posted, the CC sends out opcodes during various system events (VOC, Site Trunk, Failsoft, etc) and its up to the subscriber to know what to do with them. EFJ never really implemented some of the 'extended' opcodes. Even on P25 systems from other vendors (ahem harris) I was constantly having to send trace files of the CC to lincoln for them to figure out how to code the firmware to deal with some of these CC OPCODES....
    Last edited by triptolemus; Mar 12, 2019 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Posts merged

Thanks

Understood. I might just be SOL. More testing to do.