Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New BKR 9000

Thanks

I spoke briefly with Kent Bickel with BK Southeast sales back in May. He told me to expect more of the $6000.00 range for a “fully optioned” radio. All bands, phase II and crypto. I asked for a demo and he still didn’t have one himself nor had he decided on which dealers would carry it. He said he would be in touch but I have not heard anything from him since.

Thanks

I'd love a demo... on a permanent basis... LOL

Thanks

What is the BKR9000 multi-band portable radio?
    The new BKR 9000 handheld radio is a multi-band land mobile radio. This new radio offers exceptional performance in a lightweight form.

Key Features:

Multi Band LMR
    5000 MAH Li-Ion Super High Capacity Smart Battery
    Smart Charger
    P25 Conventional
    P25 Phase 1 & 2 Trunking
    Simulcast Operation
    Vote Scan Operation
    DES & AES FIPS140-2 L2 Encryption
    DHC P25 CAP Approved
    LTE Broadband Data
    Internal WI-FI
    Integrated GPS/Location Services
    OTAR (Over the air rekeying)
    OTAP (Over the air programming)
    Internal Bluetooth With NFC Pairing
    Radio Authentication
    Meets MIL Spec 810 G & IP68 Specifications
    Radio Specs:

Operating Frequency

VHF Band 136-174 MHz

UHF Band 380-512 MHz

700/ 800 Band 763-776, 793-806 MHz, 806-825 MHz, 851-870 MHz

900 Band 896-940 MHz

Hazardous Environment Specifications

Class I, Division 1, Groups C, D

Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D

Class II, Divisions 1 and 2, Groups E, F, G

Class III, Divisions 1 and 2

Environmental Specifications

MIL-STD-810G

IEC 60529 Specifications

Continuous immersion – IP68 - 2 Meters, 4 Hours (min)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,195 Times in 374 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rescueman433 View Post
    I spoke briefly with Kent Bickel with BK Southeast sales back in May. He told me to expect more of the $6000.00 range for a “fully optioned” radio. All bands, phase II and crypto. I asked for a demo and he still didn’t have one himself nor had he decided on which dealers would carry it. He said he would be in touch but I have not heard anything from him since.
    We paid $6500 for our APX8000 M3.5s in our 2016 county radio purchase, MSI heavily discounted them because we bought a lot of radios. Having said that, these were with all bands active, TDMA, AES-256, DES and welfare (ADP) HW crypto, bluetooth, and 5 year service from the start comprehensive.

BK is going to have to get in reality if they expect to sell them en masse, no way I'd pay 6 grand for that radio. I was expecting maybe half. Harris XL-200p's fully equipped are around 4 grand. And this is a solid product, even the beta I tested 4 years ago was a great piece of equipment.
    Your streaming makes me AES-256. Keep it up and you'll soon have nothing to listen to.

Thanks

I have only been working with BK/RELM radios for a couple of years. It is pretty good stuff, it kinda grows on you. The new KNG2 radios are really nice. So hopefully these new radios are along the same lines. The only heartburn I have is that the KNG radios cannot be aligned by a tech, kinda. Freedom Test Equipment has plans for an Auto tune option for their R8000/9000 CSAs, but as of right now, I cannot align any of my radios, so if they are out of specs, I have to sent them back to BK.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,195 Times in 374 Posts

good to know re: alignment. I just got our R8000-B back from Freedom after a 3.5 month excursion to add new support for APX8K/8500 and calibration. But not being able to tune a radio without having to send it to the manufacturer's depot is cellphone company kind of nonsense. Sorry BK, gotta do better for those of us who maintain our subscribers. Can't wait days/weeks when I can auto tune an APX in about 20 minutes (for a portable single band).
    Your streaming makes me AES-256. Keep it up and you'll soon have nothing to listen to.

Thanks

That is great information to know! So as of now it could almost be as much as an Apx8000 and no field tuning...

Thanks

We ordered our demo a few months back Should be here in November some time my Rep told me. I am excited to put it through it's paces. We are probably going to sell a ton of them.