Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: New BKR 9000

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 25, 2015
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 116 Times in 63 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default New BKR 9000

    Good to see Bendix has released a new radio. Curious to know if it will scan and monitor trunking systems without a key like its predecessors.

    https://www.bktechnologies.com/produ...ortable-radio/
    I'm here to learn!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 08, 2013
    Posts
    326
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 714 Times in 189 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    I'm not sure who their industrial / mechanical designer is, but they need to be fired.

    That radio looks like a early concept prototype, not a finished product.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 20, 2014
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 173 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Looks like the radio got hit with an ugly stick. And, there are absolutely no specs for the radio anywhere to be found. At best, it looks to be an attempt at a cheap knockoff of an APX8K, but it better be super cheap.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to wiredwrx For This Useful Post:

    Avery Johannssenn (Mar 29, 2019)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 18, 2013
    Location
    In Your Network
    Posts
    2,586
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 864 Posts
    Country: Holy See

    Default

    Not in the pricebook yet.
    Apparently NOT a radio professional.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 27, 2013
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 231 Times in 117 Posts
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by com501 View Post
    Not in the pricebook yet.

    Rumor is around 5K fully enabled. Essentially it’s a KNG that’s as rugged as the other BK radios. Covers all 3 bands with a choice of UHF HI or UHF LO. Not sure if it will do both. Assuming it uses the RES software if *should* do no affiliation.
    RAS .......... Retard Avoidance System.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 12, 2015
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duggerd View Post
    I'm not sure who their industrial / mechanical designer is, but they need to be fired.

    That radio looks like a early concept prototype, not a finished product.
    BK/RELM radios have never had that "polished around the edges" look. Probably why they are trying to copy the look of the APX.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 05, 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    Looks like Motorola and baofeng had a love child

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    i have not failed i have found 10,000 ways that do not work

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 27, 2013
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 231 Times in 117 Posts
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radio View Post
    Looks like Motorola and baofeng had a love child

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

    But the software blows Motorola's out of the water since they beta tested it. Hell it had less bugs on the Alpha version than final release of any Motorola.
    RAS .......... Retard Avoidance System.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gtaman For This Useful Post:

    Avery Johannssenn (Mar 29, 2019),MTS2000DES (Mar 31, 2019),radio (Mar 27, 2019),Viper1-6 (Mar 27, 2019)

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 05, 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot0017 View Post
    Good to see Bendix has released a new radio. Curious to know if it will scan and monitor trunking systems without a key like its predecessors.

    https://www.bktechnologies.com/produ...ortable-radio/
    During our last customer meeting with BK we asked about the non-affilition scan mode and they said it would do it just like the P800's.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UNDfan For This Useful Post:

    Avery Johannssenn (Jul 11, 2019),Gtaman (Jul 10, 2019),slapshot0017 (Jul 11, 2019)

  13. #10
    Join Date
    May 11, 2013
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 164 Times in 63 Posts

    Default New BKR 9000

    Throw in DMR and I might get interested.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim1348 For This Useful Post:

    slapshot0017 (Jul 11, 2019)

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 27, 2013
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 231 Times in 117 Posts
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Throw in DMR and I might get interested.

    I donít think we will ever see BK Tech make a move in the DMR market. Most of the companyís revenue is from the U.S Govt.
    RAS .......... Retard Avoidance System.

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 05, 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtaman View Post
    I don’t think we will ever see BK Tech make a move in the DMR market. Most of the company’s revenue is from the U.S Govt.
    I agree. For years their biggest customers have been Federal land management/DOI.

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 17, 2019
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    Got to play with the BKR9000 last week at a conference; and my BKR is on order.

    Initial impressions: Slightly bulkier than an APX; but has good ergonomics / feel.

    For price point, doing an apples-to-apples comparison with a Harris XL-200P. I'll be able to sell the BKR at NASPO price (and still make money) and will be over $1,000 below Harris Dealer Purchase Price. Have customers lining up in droves to demo; and some are ready to cut PO's already, due to the "used car salesman" mentality of Mother /\/\.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Radio277 For This Useful Post:

    Viper1-6 (Aug 09, 2019)

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 05, 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio277 View Post
    Got to play with the BKR9000 last week at a conference; and my BKR is on order.

    Initial impressions: Slightly bulkier than an APX; but has good ergonomics / feel.

    For price point, doing an apples-to-apples comparison with a Harris XL-200P. I'll be able to sell the BKR at NASPO price (and still make money) and will be over $1,000 below Harris Dealer Purchase Price. Have customers lining up in droves to demo; and some are ready to cut PO's already, due to the "used car salesman" mentality of Mother /\/\.
    Yeah, still thinking about ordering one to play with and see how it does.

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 05, 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I have seen some deep discounting on the Harris side, most likely to try to break into traditional M agencies.

  21. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 03, 2019
    Location
    Phx AZ
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    What is the BKR9000 multi-band portable radio?
    The new BKR 9000 handheld radio is a multi-band land mobile radio. This new radio offers exceptional performance in a lightweight form.

    Key Features:

    Multi Band LMR
    5000 MAH Li-Ion Super High Capacity Smart Battery
    Smart Charger
    P25 Conventional
    P25 Phase 1 & 2 Trunking
    Simulcast Operation
    Vote Scan Operation
    DES & AES FIPS140-2 L2 Encryption
    DHC P25 CAP Approved
    LTE Broadband Data
    Internal WI-FI
    Integrated GPS/Location Services
    OTAR (Over the air rekeying)
    OTAP (Over the air programming)
    Internal Bluetooth With NFC Pairing
    Radio Authentication
    Meets MIL Spec 810 G & IP68 Specifications
    Radio Specs:

    Operating Frequency

    VHF Band 136-174 MHz

    UHF Band 380-512 MHz

    700/ 800 Band 763-776, 793-806 MHz, 806-825 MHz, 851-870 MHz

    900 Band 896-940 MHz

    Hazardous Environment Specifications

    Class I, Division 1, Groups C, D

    Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D

    Class II, Divisions 1 and 2, Groups E, F, G

    Class III, Divisions 1 and 2

    Environmental Specifications

    MIL-STD-810G

    IEC 60529 Specifications

    Continuous immersion – IP68 - 2 Meters, 4 Hours (min)

  22. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 03, 2019
    Location
    Phx AZ
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Country: United States

    Thumbs up BKR9000 Release

    The New BK9000 is slated to be released late Sept 2019, please feel free to contact me for more info.

    Radios are my passion.

  23. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 18, 2013
    Location
    In Your Network
    Posts
    2,586
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 864 Posts
    Country: Holy See

    Default

    900Mhz I wonder if it does 902-928!
    Apparently NOT a radio professional.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to com501 For This Useful Post:

    Gtaman (Sep 04, 2019)

  25. #19
    Join Date
    May 22, 2012
    Posts
    685
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 435 Times in 202 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BK Radio Store View Post
    The New BK9000 is slated to be released late Sept 2019, please feel free to contact me for more info.

    Radios are my passion.
    What kind of rough price point are these things at? Any accurate product slicks yet?

  26. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 17, 2019
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    Yup, product slicks are up at https://www.bktechnologies.com/produ...ortable-radio/

    I've got printed ones in my office in our "conference box". Sell pricing for VHF / 7-800, P25 Trunking with battery, antenna, belt clip and charger will be just below $2,500. Add in UHF, crypto, or accessories and that will go up... But that should give you an idea.

  27. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 04, 2015
    Location
    In the Corn
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 332 Times in 128 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio277 View Post
    Yup, product slicks are up at https://www.bktechnologies.com/produ...ortable-radio/

    I've got printed ones in my office in our "conference box". Sell pricing for VHF / 7-800, P25 Trunking with battery, antenna, belt clip and charger will be just below $2,500. Add in UHF, crypto, or accessories and that will go up... But that should give you an idea.
    Most of the online sites I've seen say base price is around $3100 with extra bands being $300 each. Maybe that's just the MSRP for retailers but if your price is accurate that's a lot better.

    Also I'm noticing at these online outlets that a antenna & charger "accessory package" is $530 which seems incredibly steep.

  28. #22
    Join Date
    May 22, 2012
    Posts
    685
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 435 Times in 202 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    That product slick is crap - no specifications, no options details, nothing. That, or I'm missing something.

    I'm extremely interested in this product, but the lack of information about it is markedly annoying.

  29. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 18, 2013
    Location
    In Your Network
    Posts
    2,586
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 864 Posts
    Country: Holy See

    Default

    Nothing in dealer tools either.
    Apparently NOT a radio professional.

  30. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 15, 2019
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 67 Times in 34 Posts
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRS View Post
    BK/RELM radios have never had that "polished around the edges" look. Probably why they are trying to copy the look of the APX.
    I am a great fan of their traditional "portable bank vault" aesthetic.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syntrx For This Useful Post:

    Avery Johannssenn (Sep 06, 2019),d119 (Sep 06, 2019)

  32. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 05, 2012
    Posts
    329
    Thanks
    274
    Thanked 234 Times in 145 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    They will sell plenty of these. BK has their place, a smaller piece of the pie, but between federal and fire service these will do great.

    Its actually a better option than XL200P.