Thread: Multiple Keys and ADP?

Thanks

Default Multiple Keys and ADP?

So I currently our system uses Motorola ADP (RC4 "encryption") and we are thinking about adopting G5s for some members that need to just to monitor and using it as a cheap alternative to paging. We have a Phase 1 systems with XTS2500s/5000s and will be upgrading to APX6000s. As it sits now we understand that the G5 only supports AES and a single key however is there any plans for a multi key and maybe other forms of encryption such as RC4? (I understand "ADP" is a Motorola thing however RC4 is an open standard). Also would support for Mototurbo DMR enhanced privacy encryption/decryption (with key) be poossible or in the cards? Also before anyone grills me about how ADP is not "real encryption" I agree but it is not my decision.

Thanks

I have not heard any news about multikey or adp coming to the G series pagers, I would also like that feature. Drop an email to tim@unication.com and let him know you are interested. Tim is with product support and development in the US, he would be a reliable source regarding ADP coming to the pager.

Thanks

RC4 is fine for encryption the biggest issue arises from not rotating keys often. Moto will want you to buy or enable the MACE for multi key support. Moto is not going to allow multi key software (they want the overpriced $$$$).

TRBO (DMR) is a different modulation scheme and standard. Its comparing apples to oranges they are both fruit but not the same thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Notarola For This Useful Post:

PSEhub (Apr 11, 2019)

Thanks

The security of the key storage is definitely higher if stored in "MACE", compared to the software or Mototrbo implementation. While it is expensive option, it is not without some benefit.