Thread: Which ID alias to use for Conventional/Non-Affiliate P25 setup?

Thanks

Question Which ID alias to use for Conventional/Non-Affiliate P25 setup?

Using XTS2500's here.

Is there a way to get one of the call list/aliases to display an alias for the call ID:# instead of just showing the raw ID number on the display?

I have tried the Astro Call List under conventional, as well as the Trunking Call List under Trunking and neither one of them seems to work.

Is it possible to get the XTS2500 to use aliases on a P25 when using the non-affiliate/conventional personality scheme?

G1JPV No Longer Registered

I have a couple of XTS5000's and they display whatever alias I put in on the Astro Call list in Conventional.

In the call list you have to make type = Ind, Call ID = Id Number and then Astro Call ID Text = whatever you wish to use as alias.

The flashcode has to have enhanced Digital ID Display (G114/H114) also.

Hope this helps?

Thanks

I had to put the ID's into the 'Trunking Call List' - if you're monitoring a trunking system using NAS that's where it'll look at the id's.

The Astro Call list (conventional) only seemed to work for me on the conventional side (no trunking)

Concur re the flashcode ID's too

Thanks

Under Trunking Call List, make sure your WACN ID and SYSTEM ID are the same as the P25 trunking system's you're wanting alias.
    I find it easiest to copy current, paste a bunch and then just modify the radio # and name.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radiotinkerer1 View Post
    Under Trunking Call List, make sure your WACN ID and SYSTEM ID are the same as the P25 trunking system's you're wanting alias.
    I find it easiest to copy current, paste a bunch and then just modify the radio # and name.
    So you are saying that as long as the call list matches the system, the trunking config doesnt have any affect? I usually put a different WACN ID in so the radio has no ability at all to try and affiliate.