Thread: Motorola keys for Siren/PA and SIU units?

Thanks

Default Motorola keys for Siren/PA and SIU units?

Hi guys,

I am looking for the number of a Motorola key what opens the older Siren/PA (HLN1691) and SIU units. I know that the 'standard' 2135 key does not work with these locks.

Does anybody know the number of the proper key and/or willing to help me to get one of that key?

Thank you in advance.

Tom

Thanks

What radio is that model for? We used to have the siren boxes on our Syntor X9000's but the model was HLN1184 or 85, and I don't recall them having a key, just the brick for the radio did. I don't know if you might be able to find what you're looking for here http://www.repeater-builder.com/keys...age-index.html

Thanks

Just came across this thread, sorry so late. But I might have a nugget of info to share....

I bet it's a 2552 key. I have one I can get copied, that is if I can find it. It fits really old motorola cabinets (pre 2152) and some in car stuff. Is there a chance you can send a photo of the keyway so I can confirm?

If I have it, I don't mind mailing out a copy as needed. I kind of collect old keys anyway, you just never know....

Matt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mattnik For This Useful Post:

Navy_BOFH (Aug 03, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattnik View Post
    Just came across this thread, sorry so late. But I might have a nugget of info to share....

I bet it's a 2552 key. I have one I can get copied, that is if I can find it. It fits really old motorola cabinets (pre 2152) and some in car stuff. Is there a chance you can send a photo of the keyway so I can confirm?

If I have it, I don't mind mailing out a copy as needed. I kind of collect old keys anyway, you just never know....

Matt
    I think you nailed it. I remember there being "another" standard key number and I swear bells went off in my head when you posted.

And if its confirmed the right keyway and number... I will definitely buy a copy as well. I used to keep a ring of these Motorola and GE keys... and someone swiped it.