Thread: Clearing or initializing a config in CPS to something like factory default

Thanks

Default Clearing or initializing a config in CPS to something like factory default

Is there a way in Astro CPS to clear a config to something like a factory default might look, like a single channel? If nothing else this would be good for an agency surplusing radios, although in my case I have a used unit with a complex config where it would be far easier to clear everything and start from scratch.

Thanks,

Jim
    KY1H

Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 1,988 Posts

Nope.

Just add one new of “everything“ and delete the rest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Nope.

Just add one new of “everything“ and delete the rest.
    Thats how I do it. All surplussed radios should be cleaned before selling no matter who the seller is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    Thats how I do it. All surplussed radios should be cleaned before selling no matter who the seller is.
    Definitely best practice, especially for a system still in operation. Which makes it puzzling that Motorola doesn’t make it easy to clean a radio that is being surprised.

Jim

triptolemus is offline T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KY1H View Post
    Definitely best practice, especially for a system still in operation. Which makes it puzzling that Motorola doesn’t make it easy to clean a radio that is being surprised.

Jim
    Not really that puzzling. Motorola is bipolar. They expect that an organization will retain old radios indefinitely and at the same time purchase new radios. Motorola is not interested in surplus anything. They willfully cripple the second-hand / surplus market by denying MOL accounts and CPS subscriptions for individuals (ham/whatever). CPS is prohibitively and needlessly expensive. (APX CPS was once free, now costs ~$300.) I don't understand the reasoning behind these policies. I suspect it has something to do with brand deterioration and their belief that "Motorola" implies some sort of authority. They are aggressive and purposeful as they go about it, though.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to triptolemus For This Useful Post:

box (Apr 29, 2019),Mars (Apr 28, 2019),Mogman (Jun 03, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 1,988 Posts

Don’t forget about the inability to clear an ASK if you are a secondary market user who has purchased a radio with an ASK enabled.

Those of us who know better can fix this problem, but what a dickhead thing to do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

triptolemus (Apr 28, 2019)

Thanks

If it is not preplanned by Moto to make used radios 'unusable' without getting creative then its another example of their total lack of understanding on letting the end user set up their products to function properly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Notarola For This Useful Post:

radio (Apr 29, 2019)