Thread: Need Help With Motobridge

Thanks

Default Need Help With Motobridge

I am in the need for setting up a Motorola Motobridge setup to link several base radios. I have the WS-GU console rack and the DA (dispatch application software) with dongle. My problem is the interface will not let me add a new user and let me connect to the DA . I am using 10.0.0.1 on the network with subset 255.255.255.248 as needed by the application. The response from the WS-GU is "rejected from device". My question is how do I setup a new user to login to the WS-GU with the DA console or can I reset the WS-GU to default settings and set it up from blank. I have made a console connection with serial cable and I have logged settings. Any help would be appreciated.
    There are three kinds of people. Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who have no idea of what happened.....

Thanks

Digging deeper into the subject of Motorola Motobridge I have come to the need to know default passwords. What I need , in order to set up new user on the Motobridge , is the password, or default password for the admin user or the password or default password for the tech user. Either account would allow me to add a new user on the DA for the Motobridge.

Any help would be appreciated.
    There are three kinds of people. Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who have no idea of what happened.....

Thanks

The default passwords are admin/admin, or tech/tech.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to code352 For This Useful Post:

Alpha (May 12, 2019),phonebuff (May 12, 2019)

Thanks

While Code352 is correct in that those users / passwords are / were the base set. The answer may depend on where the gear came from and what system you are setting up on / connecting to.

I know that GA and FL had (have ?) large MOTOBRIDGE installs and that those passwords were often changed before the hardware (Radio Gateway, Workstation-Gateway) was shipped to a county / office for install. I am fairly sure I did not toss the manuals and cds when I downsized, but off the top of my head I am not sure where they are at the moment.

--

6. The Following User Says Thank You to phonebuff For This Useful Post:

Alpha (May 12, 2019)

Thanks

So one of my cheat sheets for 2008 indicates that windows login was Administrator / motorola and the dispatch application was tech / tech

Since you don't know where where hardware came from other than fleabay, not sure if this helps..

Thanks

I am still looking for any info on motobridge.

Thanks...

Thanks

Most of the time I reset the unit and start from the beginning

This way if there was a previous image that should release any hung sessions or other reasons to keep the DA from loading

Try that and see what fires

CoD

Thanks

What port is your PC running DA connected to? The IP of the workstation PC running DA should be 10.0.0.2. Do you have the config tool?

Thanks

Motobridge stinks. Throw it in the trash. It performs the same in the trashcan as it does installed in the field.

Thanks

I manage over 200 motobridge units on a statewide network, as well as a handful standalone units. Never had an issue.