Thread: Freedom vs Aeroflex 8800SX

Thanks

Default Freedom vs Aeroflex 8800SX

Have both in my office right now for eval. Curious what others have to say about both these boxes independent of my views. P25 phase 1&2, apx autoalign.

Thanks

We are issued the 8800SX's and they are really nice. We have autoaligned everything from XPR to APX with no issues. We also use it on a P1 P25 system we manage for a public safety agency and no problems to date with it. The biggest issue I have with the 8800 is the bootup time. It takes forever for it to boot up.
    "Scanner hobbyists have conjured up the idea that a new, unscannable technology is not interoperable"

Thanks

I'm no more impressed with the R8000/R8100 boot up time since it is literally booting an embedded Windows PC as well. Even R&S CMU and CMW series are running Windows now, so I guess the days of quick booting service monitors are bygone...

At least Freedom finally figured out how to put the battery pack INSIDE the chassis with the R8100 which was sorely missing and not well integrated on the R8000. But there still doesn't seem to be a setting for "remember last measurement settings" without having to store it to a profile every time. Still a reason why I reach for a COM120 when I don't need digital modes or automation...

Thanks

So I've done comparative boot time testing, Freedom 1:31 and Aeroflex 3:16...yes a major difference.