Thread: Unity Xg-100P DFE

Thanks

Default Unity Xg-100P DFE

So, I have scoured the web and the forums in here and everywhere else. I have called the big distributor and talked directly to the PSPC. I then talked to a dealer and was told they would send me a quote for the programming software and cable for the Unity but crickets.

This has been by far worse than dealing with big M when it comes to software.. I get it! You don't want the Chinese or some other country to get their hands on it..

So, I've seen other posts where people have asked for the FPP default password and they pretty much get ignored.. so, either they are stupid, or people don't know, or screw you just buy the software and screw off.. This unit that I have has factory default info in it and still has the protective film on it and blah, blah, blah.. basically it came in the box it was shipped from Harris in when it was new. I've tried 6 zeros and a whole lot of other tricks.. can someone help or will I get ignored..? I guess wait and see.. On a side not it does make a nice paper weight..

Thanks

WIth FPP on the Unity you can only edit existing channels, not create new ones.

As for a dealer, try Star City Communications in Bedford, VA. I have worked with them in the past and they were great to deal with.

Thanks

Yeah, I saw that.. I'm fine with that until I get a cable and software.. right now its a very pretty and expensive brick. I use to sell Harris but forgot how difficult it is to deal with them direct.

Thanks

Thanks

FPP settings (including password) are edited in RPM. You don't need the DFE option enabled in an XG100p for FPP.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AD0JA For This Useful Post:

GTS Comm (May 13, 2019)

Thanks

Post direct frequency entry

The ONLY reason direct frequency entry appeared in the M7100/P7100 products (and later) was to meet three specific contract requirements:

US Department of the Interior
    US Forest Service
    California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CalFire)

All three customer's required the ability to enter into the radio IN AN EMERGENCY, one (1) memory channel via keypad entry. PERIOD !

You cannot keypad program more than one memory channel.

The two other mandated items on their contract specifications were:

AA-Cell Battery Box &

"Channel Guard" Selection

Channel Guard Selection (Conventional Tab)
    This control enables the user to change the Tx and Rx channel guards from a pre-defined list for multiple channels. Once they are selected, the radio LCD displays the Tx channel guard frequency instead of the channel name.

It only supports a pre-programed table of CG tones, specific to the fighting of Wildland Fire suppression.

Below is the list of channel guard tone in sequence:

1. 110.0
    2. 123.0
    3. 131.8
    4. 136.5
    5. 146.2
    6. 156.7
    7. 167.9
    8. 103.5
    9. 100.0
    10. 107.2
    11. 114.8
    12. 127.3
    13. 141.3
    14. 151.4
    15. 162.2
    16. 192.8
    17. NO-TONE Channel guard is disabled in the channel.
    18. PERSTONE "The Tx and Rx channel guards of the channel is restored back to the values in the Radio Personality."

I hope this classifies this extremely misunderstood function....
    Gatorbait3014
    Retired Master Two-Way Radio Master Technician & System Engineer (34+ years)

My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gatorbait3014 For This Useful Post:

motorola_otaku (May 14, 2019)

Thanks

Harris PSPC radios have never been FPP. They have always required the programming software to program them. Channel Edit is not the same as FPP.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRS For This Useful Post:

gatorbait3014 (May 14, 2019),GTS Comm (May 13, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TRS View Post
    Harris PSPC radios have never been FPP. They have always required the programming software to program them. Channel Edit is not the same as FPP.

Very Correct.

BTW:
    In the GE world of radios.... DFE stands for DUAL FRONT END, as in a radio with two receivers.
    Gatorbait3014
    Retired Master Two-Way Radio Master Technician & System Engineer (34+ years)

My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gatorbait3014 For This Useful Post:

TRS (May 15, 2019)