Thread: NX5000 Dual Deck Ignition Sense

Thanks

Default NX5000 Dual Deck Ignition Sense

Hi all,

I've got two bricks - an NX5700 and NX5800 - wired up with the dual deck setup going into a KCH-20R head. I'm racking my brain trying to get ignition sense to work properly. When I turn the key, only the first brick (the 5800) powers up and I get a missing deck error. If I hold the power button, the head turns off and a few seconds later both decks come up properly and work just fine. They're both programmed for ignition/power switch operation and both have ignition wires run properly.

I spoke with my dealer (Evans at Sun State) and he said he'd ask Kenwood about. Just wondering if anyone on here is running dual (or triple) decks with ignition sense.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 563 Posts

"The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

Thanks

Thanks, but I was referencing that document during installation. Dip switches are set properly. I'm going to idiot-check my programming one more time and I might also make sure that the bricks turn on with ignition separately. I'm trying to rule out my own dumb *** doing something wrong before I start pointing fingers at JVCK

Thanks

I have the same exact setup as you. I donít remember having to do anything special but set ignition sense in the programming and connect the wires. Currently on 3.0 firmware but it has worked for me from around 2.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to travisstorma For This Useful Post:

axel (May 17, 2019)

Thanks

Turns out I had a bad crimp connector on the ignition line going to the brick. Bizzare issue but nevertheless solved now. I figured it was probably something on my end. Thanks for the help everyone.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axel For This Useful Post:

box (May 18, 2019),motorola_otaku (May 20, 2019)