Thread: Working with P25 phase 1 system entering 700mhz control channels

Thanks

Default Working with P25 phase 1 system entering 700mhz control channels

Well first off I hope that everyone has an outstanding memorial day weekend that is coming up very soon and HAVE FUN!
    Ok working with a EFJohnson 5100 ES Ascend portable trying to enter the 700mhz control channels but for some reason it will not take the 700mhz frequencies at all. No trouble working with the 800mhz frequencies but really stumped on the 700mhz. Does anyone have any idea why or how to get around it? I do have the 987key and will enter the system ID thru doing the hex editing and adding the WACN as well. In face I have already entered the WACN by hex editing along with the 987 key and I can enter all the TG's and so forth with no trouble at all. I will be setting it up so it will not try to affiliate with the p25 system and I have done this already by using smartnet and hex editing for a couple of smartzone systems that I monitor as well. Thanks for everyone taking the time to ready this and I really hope every one here does have a wonderful weekend.....

Thanks

What's the model number? It's probably an 800mhz only radio

Thanks

Do you have a 700 band plan enabled? It is in the Systems List - Channel ID list - in the Per System P25 trunking tab?

Thanks

Their is no 700 band plan enabled box to check unless im a dummy and missing it. Looking at the systems list -channel id list

Thanks

Select channel id list in the drop down and then click edit list under the drop down menu. Does it show an 800 band bland and a 700 band plan checked? I am out of town now but can shoot you a screen shot when I get back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rescueman433 For This Useful Post:

splinter34 (Jun 15, 2019)

Thanks

Just so we are on the same page when i get to the control channel list it will not let me enter anything in the 700mhz system, i am not having any trouble entering any of the 700mhz when i enter in the channel id list at all. Thanks for all the help as well.

Thanks

With your programming file open, what does it say next to band in the bottom left of the screen?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks

700/800 next to band in the bottom left

Thanks

With the radio hooked up go to the Transfer menu and click "Read Options from Radio." Is the 700 Mhz band checked?

Thanks

A update.Well after taking a look in the Channel ID programming section under system i made a couple of changes from 6.25 to 12.5 under bandwith and then in the control channel ID where I was having the trouble well BINGO! it now took my entering of the 700mhz frequencies. I want to thank all of you here who helped and started me thinking a little bit mabe outside the box as well in order to point me in the right direction. Thank you for everything and this is a wonderful group of people here as well.
    MCDoug