Thread: Unication G5 & P25 Encryption

Thanks

Default Unication G5 & P25 Encryption

Has anyone figured out a way to squelch/mute encrypted P25? I dont see the option in the CPS, and thought I read somewhere it would be addressed in an upcoming firmware release?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 427 Posts

Encryption mute is a feature of FW version 1.2 and it does not require a PPS (not CPS) setting. Also, you're new to the site and it doesn't look like you've read the rules or thought about searching the site before posting. Your question has already been addressed here:

https://communications.support/threa...ryption-ignore

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Number 6 For This Useful Post:

Blackwater (May 29, 2019),jjbond (May 29, 2019),saidias (May 29, 2019)

Thanks

Thanks for the info! I "assumed" that it hadn't been discussed before since this was the first post in the Pager category. Ill spend more time searching going forward.

Marshall

5. The Following User Says Thank You to saidias For This Useful Post:

com501 (May 29, 2019)

Phoenix, AZ and Vancouver, BC (dual citizen)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
    Encryption mute is a feature of FW version 1.2 and it does not require a PPS (not CPS) setting. Also, you're new to the site and it doesn't look like you've read the rules or thought about searching the site before posting. Your question has already been addressed here:

https://communications.support/threa...ryption-ignore
    Thank you and the other mods for keeping this board tight and concise... After seeing non stop questions being asked that had the answers in the manual, I tried to do the same on RR and was appreciated by some but tarred and feathered by most... thanks again.

https://forums.radioreference.com/th.../#post-3132558
    KB6JEN, VE7OTH, and WRDJ919 (GMRS)
    TS-480SAT, IC-7300, FT-817ND, Motorola Spectra 100W (V), Yaesu FTM-10R, XTS5000 (V/U) (x2), Astro Saber 3 (V), Uniden SDS100 and SDS200, SDRPlay Duo, Pro-2006, BC780XLT

Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 664 Posts

Another ProTip - the on-site search sucks rocks, so use Google. Add "site:communications.support" after your search terms to restrict the Googlala to this site only!

Good Christ, I read that thread. Wow, the stupid flows freely there. I can't believe it goes on for three pages! Just Wow.
    Last edited by Alpha; May 30, 2019 at 12:42 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alpha For This Useful Post:

box (May 30, 2019),crazyboy (May 30, 2019),emco-tech (Aug 22, 2019),jjbond (May 30, 2019),triptolemus (May 30, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 844 Posts

bang

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Another ProTip - the on-site search sucks rocks, so use Google. Add "site:communications.support" after your search terms to restrict the Googlala to this site only!

Good Christ, I read that thread. Wow, the stupid flows freely there. I can't believe it goes on for three pages! Just Wow.
    This is why there is a membership test here and stupid is not allowed.

PS - don't have a stroke, my deficit made me go back and edit this post three times to get it correct.
    Apparently NOT a radio professional.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to com501 For This Useful Post:

Alpha (May 31, 2019)

Thanks

Alpha,

I recommend startpage.com for searches with same terms as you mention. But this way you are not tracked by google. Startpage googles for you, I changed to it a year or two ago and have not looked back Click on the "learn more" button on startpage to see how it works.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SPECIAL_EYE For This Useful Post:

Alpha (Jun 02, 2019)

Thanks

Alpha, thank you for the suggestion regarding using Google for searching the forums. I've been having fits looking for topics covering things that I've been looking for and the trick of using "site:" was not something that I was familiar with.

As for RR, Lindsay Blanton meant well when he started that site, but it definitely has gotten out of hand. I just wish that Broadcastify would go away before EVERYTHING winds up getting encrypted.