Thread: Zello: Seeking Guidance

Thanks

Default Zello: Seeking Guidance

Hi Guys

I am looking to use Zello to hear my fire department when I am at work (40 miles away). I don't need it to work both ways, just to monitor our radio traffic on my phone so I can be nosy. I like Zello due to the short latency. I have a host of radio equipment to use for the project but I do not want to tie up a laptop to do this. Any suggestions on how I can do this?

I have an old laptop now but it has some sort of driver issue that causes it to reboot and I need it to program my older gear. I also have one of those Radio-Tone VOiP interfaces but I cant seem to make it work.

Thank you for your help

Shawn N1TGE

Thanks

I have used one of the Radio_Tone units for years with no problem. I have one that has been on Rx-Zello model in 24/7/365 duty for 2-3 years

Thanks

I just ran from the RX_FILTERED audio pin and ground to a regular line in on my computer and set Zello to VOX. Works great. I have 6 radios on dedicated channels coming out my private Zello room.
    Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. Clearly I've jacked something up on my end.

Thanks

I've been told that you can use Zello gateway in the free mode but haven't gotten it to show up as Radio in the settings. It works on Zello paid but not free. I go in to turn gateway on (true) and then check it again later and it's off (false), anyone ever run into this before?