Thread: Zello: Seeking Guidance

Thanks

Default Zello: Seeking Guidance

Hi Guys

I am looking to use Zello to hear my fire department when I am at work (40 miles away). I don't need it to work both ways, just to monitor our radio traffic on my phone so I can be nosy. I like Zello due to the short latency. I have a host of radio equipment to use for the project but I do not want to tie up a laptop to do this. Any suggestions on how I can do this?

I have an old laptop now but it has some sort of driver issue that causes it to reboot and I need it to program my older gear. I also have one of those Radio-Tone VOiP interfaces but I cant seem to make it work.

Thank you for your help

Shawn N1TGE

Thanks

I have used one of the Radio_Tone units for years with no problem. I have one that has been on Rx-Zello model in 24/7/365 duty for 2-3 years

Thanks

I just ran from the RX_FILTERED audio pin and ground to a regular line in on my computer and set Zello to VOX. Works great. I have 6 radios on dedicated channels coming out my private Zello room.
    Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. Clearly I've jacked something up on my end.