Thread: Cap Max

Thanks

Default Cap Max

Well the class is over and I have to say it wasn’t that bad of a class. The instructor actually knew what he was talking about unlike the instructor in the next classroom teaching Nitro. Looking forward to a project kickoff next week for a 4 site CapMax system we will be installing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Scanner hobbyists have conjured up the idea that a new, unscannable technology is not interoperable"

Thanks

CapMax is plug and play.... until you plug it in. LOL

Actually the general set up is pretty strait forward. The complications start when you start adding in data re;lated communications between sites. My advice is when ever possible bench test the setup and them move it to the field . That way if there is an issue you can almost immediately eliminate your configuration from the possibilities.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Notarola For This Useful Post:

Blackwater (Jun 08, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    CapMax is plug and play.... until you plug it in. LOL

Actually the general set up is pretty strait forward. The complications start when you start adding in data re;lated communications between sites. My advice is when ever possible bench test the setup and them move it to the field . That way if there is an issue you can almost immediately eliminate your configuration from the possibilities.
    Everything will be built at the shop before going to the sites.

"Scanner hobbyists have conjured up the idea that a new, unscannable technology is not interoperable"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    The complications start when you start adding in data re;lated communications between sites.
    Okay, I will bite, why do you say that. We have done a number of systems with not much more grief than any other topology, and we can do Generic Option Board things that we can not do on Connect Plus. Although I will admit we have had to work through and around any number of opportunities.

Thanks

everything runs well on a layer two network, fun starts when routing and latency has been introduced.

Out of interest how are the sites connected for the network you are setting up?
    I do not believe in political correctness BS leftest tripe
    Suck it up, HTFU and make the place great again! Work never killed anyone who did it safely

Thanks

One is Metro-E, the other is private Micowave and fiber not really sure about the others..

Thanks

The project we're kicking off will all be private microwave

Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 Times in 1,804 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    The project we're kicking off will all be private microwave
    Only a few letters need to be shuffled to go pirate from private

On a serious note, there are so many tools with unlicensed microwave out there, it sure causes grief to legit networks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

Viper1-6 (Jun 11, 2019)

Thanks

2.4 and 5.8 bands in Houston are so congested its crazy with all the super high power and high gain antennas being used.

Thanks

Report back your experiences with Cap Max. Are you getting the "mandatory" ST on site integration services that were required? Many of us here work with these systems all the time. I just returned from North Africa working on the largest Cap Max system (to date) at just under 100 sites. There are other much larger systems being planned. Good luck! Let us know how it goes, FB.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Report back your experiences with Cap Max. Are you getting the "mandatory" ST on site integration services that were required? Many of us here work with these systems all the time. I just returned from North Africa working on the largest Cap Max system (to date) at just under 100 sites. There are other much larger systems being planned. Good luck! Let us know how it goes, FB.
    We are not getting a ST. It will just be the two of us that went to class. They were talking about a Cap Max system in Morocco that will be 96 sites and a whole lot of custom features. I wouldn’t mind traveling to work on these sites.

Thanks

Not many people are going it alone (without the ST Integration). Cap Max is 90% IP/networking and 10% RF. I would expect you guys have the networking horsepower to set it up on your own. There is a good bit of info that isn't covered in the Design and Deploy class, specifically things we run into every day.

Everyone wants to do the Morocco project until they get invited to do the Morocco project..... FB

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fatboy For This Useful Post:

Blackwater (Jun 17, 2019),Msingewald (Jun 17, 2019),phonebuff (Jun 17, 2019)