Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Motorola System Help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chief801 View Post
    Also, at work today the state motorola tech was here and we started looking into frequencies close by that could be causing it and found 159.3525 which we got 159.350 and 159.325 in the past when motorola was out there and that is a P25 system that is used by the State and when Motorola was out there it was coming in at -50db.
    Your RX on 159.525, should not normally be bothered by a -50 dBm signal at 159.3525 unless it is mixing with something else or splattering terribly. The fact that three repeaters behave same way is odd.

Has the technician performed a proper duplex sensitivity (TNRD desense) test? If so what were the results?

How strong are the paging and NOAA WX signals at your receiver? Are there any other signals exceeding -50 dBm?

Are there hours of the day or week when the system works properly?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chief801 View Post
    Yes, we are in Roane County. Yes that is us WQEZ310 we are the site on Rt. 21 Vineyard Ridge. It is intermittent and sounds just like if you were listening to a P25 digital encrypted signal on a analog scanner that cannot decrypt the signal.
    Can you remind us why you are not using 159.000 Mhz, your licensed mobile frequency as your repeater input frequency?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RFI-EMI-GUY For This Useful Post:

Bill_G (Jul 19, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RFI-EMI-GUY View Post
    Can you remind us why you are not using 159.000 Mhz, your licensed mobile frequency as your repeater input frequency?

He wrote further down the page -
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief801
    The 159.525 is licensed to a local radio shop that installed everything originally. They gave us permission to use as the input/receive of the repeater since the 159.000 had horrid interference.
    Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill_G For This Useful Post:

RFI-EMI-GUY (Jul 19, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_G View Post
    He wrote further down the page -
    1) He is using a frequency he is not licensed for , and therefore might have no legal recourse regarding co channel interference.

2) He may be in violation of FCC.

3) This frequency reduces his TX RX duplex separation by 525 KHz and we have so far read no results of duplex TNRD desense measurements. Nor any noise floor measurements. I am getting a sense the technician is stumped or inexperienced.

4) what of the "horrid" interference on 159.000 Mhz? It seems this new frequency has its own gremlins. Maybe a second look at fixing the proper one is in order?

5) Motorola used to have knowledgeble FTRs (system engineers) who would respond to situations like this and evaluate making all the proper measurements. Is this the support being received?

6) The FCC via APCO will respond on a priority basis for public safety interference. However being on a frequency other than the one properly coordinated and licensed invalidates any hope at their support.

7) This situation seems dire and seems a public safety hazard. Is there a back up plan? Move temporarily to another system?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RFI-EMI-GUY For This Useful Post:

Bill_G (Jul 19, 2019),TESTMODE (Jul 19, 2019)

Thanks

Well, this is what happens when you shrink government small enough to drown it in a bathtub - it does.
    Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill_G For This Useful Post:

RFI-EMI-GUY (Jul 19, 2019),TESTMODE (Jul 19, 2019)

Thanks

@Chief801

The advise you are getting here is better than anything I might add from the point of view of fixing your RF problems.

But, I would like to offer you the services of our notification solution on a Pro Bono basis for up to ninety days. Using our product one message in from your dispatchers or watch officer can be distributed to any number of contacts on any number of devices. As an example a entry for Chief801 can have your Cell Phone, Alpha Pager, Email and numerous Push Notification services all listed and any message to Chief801 or to a group you are a member of would go to all of these in parallel. The notifications to be sent can come from CAD, a Windows based Client, a Web based Client, SMS or a number of more custom sources, including the NWS/EMWIN service.

We have been around for more than 20 years now, and I have been involved in the Fire service personally since the early 70's. Our solution today supports many 911 centers and EMAs across the US from our cloud based hosts and could be operational for you today!

Please note: it's not a replacement for your Radio system but rather a secondary path for incident notification, situational awareness and staff recall.

If I can help contact me via PM.

-------------------
    Last edited by phonebuff; Jul 19, 2019 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Typo correction

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phonebuff For This Useful Post:

moetorola (Jul 19, 2019),RFI-EMI-GUY (Jul 19, 2019),TESTMODE (Jul 19, 2019)