Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MDC PTT-ID on XTS3000-II: sends but not receiving.

Thanks

@bstafford,
    - Changed Alternating and Message display times from default of 1000 to 5000 ms
    - ID Display, Scan and Prefix were already checked and prefix=4

Now, the two XTS3K UHF 520 MHZ radios I have with H14 (Display&Menu/PTT ID menu) can now pass their Primary ID when the PTT. button is held in for a couple of seconds or more (does not for a quick click). Thank you for the missing settings.

The one radio (from Canada and is UHF 470MHZ) without H14 can send it’s Primary ID, but not receive others (as expected). Again, the audio Tx/Rx works great across all 3 Motos (XTS3K) and 3 Kenwoods (TK-8180, 3180, 3160).

All 3 XTS radio’s can successfully send and display their Primary ID and Call ID alias onto the Kenwoods TK-x180 UHF 520 MHZ radios.

The remain missing piece to this MDC interoperability puzzle, is that the Kenwoods IDs do not post/display on any of the Motos.
    Does anyone have success with this?

Again thank you CS for the helps thus far.

Thanks

Cool

In summary:
    Good: Kenwood <=> Kenwood. (Primary ID and Caller Alias)
    Good: Moto w/H14 <=> Moto. (Primary ID only)
    Good: Moto w/H14 => Kenwood (Primary ID and Caller Alias)
    Bad: Kenwood => Moto w/H14 (nothing displays)

So, the Kenwoods work nicely with each other. The Motos with H14 advanced LCD display option work nicely together. As intended I’m sure. The issues surface going cross platform where only half of it works. This is what I mean as interoperability.

Who knows if either Kenwood or Moto ever intended or tested these to work outside their own platform. One might think MDC1200 would be an interoperable communications protocol, but how it gets implemented and configured by each platform may be a grey no mans land - due to the many variables involved: firmware, programming s/w, GUI, timing and signaling settings, channel/frequency setup, etc.

Am I the first to try and communicate this MDC cross platform application?
    (Maybe not working cross platform is a marketing strategy)