Thread: HLN 6819 Switch Box

Thanks

Default HLN 6819 Switch Box

Hello,

Anyone have any paperwork on the HLN 6819 Switch box. My search on MOL resulted in Zero found.

What I am wanting to do is have manual control over HLN 1439 Siren.

I am wanting to use the siren as a security alarm horn activated via motion detector wired with relays to catch a thief that has been on my property. Hoping I can get it to work and scare the living hell out of him with that blast in middle of night stealing my gas can.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 892 Posts

Shotgun and trip wire. Problem alerted-problem solved. There is a reason that the saying 'Good fences, make good neighbors' is relevant.
    Apparently NOT a radio professional.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to com501 For This Useful Post:

toolman60 (Jun 21, 2019)

Thanks

I hate to have to fence in 5 acres. I know it the crack head up the street just can not prove it yet.

Thanks

The manual for the HLN1439 siren is on MOL, search for 68P81093C18

Tie pin 23 (ACC SENSE) to pin 6 (SWB+) to enable control from a switchbox.

Pull pin 30 (SIREN ON OFF) to pin 31 (ground)

Use pin 32 (SIREN TONE 1) and pin 1 (SIREN TONE 2) to select the desired tone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kf8yk For This Useful Post:

toolman60 (Jun 21, 2019)

Thanks

KF8YK, (Eric)

Thanks for the pinout information. I already have the 1439 manual. I was looking for info on the switchbox to see if it had relays in it or just a phono jack and some toggle switches.For the price of a new switch box it should come with Dirty Harry inside.

I am hoping to be able to do this stand alone with out a radio connected just using the switchbox,1439 and my hefty Astron connected to it using some contacts. If I have to connect radio no problem as got a couple 800mhz AS I grabbed up for spare parts.

I got some CCTV cameras on order now to place out there but want to scare him real good and have plenty of 1439 and cables figure that scare him real good sneaking about in the middle of the night. And myself I can imagine that thing singing in the middle of the night.

Thanks

I seem to recall it's just a switch box. Add power and a speaker & you should be able to use the 1439 without an attached radio, the ACC_SENSE jumper sets the siren to use simple switch inputs instead of the serial link to an attached radio.

The ACC_SENSE, SIREN_ON_OFF, and SIREN_TONE lines are low current logic signals, wire the SIREN_ON_OFF and ground to your motion detector relay contacts