Thread: New to P25 Forum & just purchased a MCS2000 III

wallwmw No Longer Registered

Default New to P25 Forum & just purchased a MCS2000 III

This forum looks great for helping me learn how to operate and program my recently purchased MCS2000 Model III 30 watt radio. I am in the market for a Motorola RIB and cable for my radio. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

A cheap way to get started is a rib-less cable from Ebay. You don't need a RIB for most newer series radios so might not be worth the effort to get one. Depends what other radios you want to mess with in the future. Batlabs has some schematics if you want to try to build one.

Thanks

Ebay is the best bet. I have been using a ribbed cable with no issues for years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JeepFrog View Post
    A cheap way to get started is a rib-less cable from Ebay. You don't need a RIB for most newer series radios so might not be worth the effort to get one. Depends what other radios you want to mess with in the future. Batlabs has some schematics if you want to try to build one.
    I don't think there is a ribless cable available for the MCS2000 series. A rib with the correct cables is needed.

Thanks

There are some "created" cables with a MX232 chip inside that simulates the rib.

gfdyoda No Longer Registered

i did not know there was a ribless cable for an mcs2000