Thread: One microphone, two radios (XPR5550) possible?

Thanks

Question One microphone, two radios (XPR5550) possible?

Sorry if this is been asked before. I did search...

I have one UHF XPR5550 in the car for ham DMR use and limited convention. Liking it much I'm thinking about adding a VHF version. Is there a nifty way to have two radios connected to the same microphone with some kind of switching possbility?

The mike I have is an RMN5127C but would be willing to consider another.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 651 Posts

Commercial off the shelf... no, not without getting spendy and buying one of these: http://www.collcomminc.com/mobile-di...-consoles.html

I've considered repurposing a serial port selector as a mobile microphone switch, but I would personally need one with 6 ports whereas most switches only have 4.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to motorola_otaku For This Useful Post:

phonebuff (Jul 02, 2019)

Thanks

I built a 6 position “test jig” for the Technisonic radios out of a six port serial switch. Handles all the audio, and some other features specific to the Technisonic aircraft radios. It’s crude but did/does the job. Technisonic makes their own test jig which is what replaced this.

E8492A7B-B3B7-4B6E-B561-1DD26D457601.jpg

Motorola_otaku: I have a spare 6 position serial port selector box if you’re interested.

Seth

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c17lvfd For This Useful Post:

GasdaSoftware (Jul 02, 2019),motorola_otaku (Jul 02, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motorola_otaku View Post
    Commercial off the shelf... no, not without getting spendy and buying one of these: http://www.collcomminc.com/mobile-di...-consoles.html

I've considered repurposing a serial port selector as a mobile microphone switch, but I would personally need one with 6 ports whereas most switches only have 4.
    I have used these before and they are worth the $$s. The NCS-C250 may be combined with an NCS-C251 Expansion Unit for control of up to eight radios. The price list I have is from 2011 so I am not going to confuse you by putting estimated dollars here. The last install I did was a Mobile EOC on a Freight liner that the agency wanted three radios in the CAB with Select and UNselect audio to separate speakers. Wish I had pictures of the cab showing this but can't find one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 651 Posts

I specifically did not look closely at them because I have the speaker side covered and only need to route mic audio. But for someone who needs the whole package they are nice.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."